Car PC.....sound question

Nick U

I have a car pc setup to install with touchscreen.

Going to be running Centrafuse (navigation version) on it and I was wondering if there will be a way to connect up that system to the origonal head unit so the sound can run through the car speakers?

Basically can I put all my music on the pc and have it still play through the car speakers? It's the BOSE version that I have.

If your going to the effort of putting in a CarPC I would personally go to the effort of putting in a decent head unit with an AUX facility on it. Alpine would be my choice..

+2

The only way to get AUX in to the BOSE properly is to do the tape deck trick which involves some soldering and is a bit tricky. Far easier to get a aftermarket HU and install that :)

If your going to the effort of putting in a CarPC I would personally go to the effort of putting in a decent head unit with an AUX facility on it. Alpine would be my choice..

+2

The only way to get AUX in to the BOSE properly is to do the tape deck trick which involves some soldering and is a bit tricky. Far easier to get a aftermarket HU and install that :)

Ok got ya......any recomendations that are double din......dont want to spend loads as the car pc stuff isn't that cheep!

Is there a reason why you want Double din?

To fill the whole that is left when you take the origonal one out. Dont really want half a whole there.

Because im having the pc fitted I can run all my music and and DVD's and what ever else through that, so all I want is the ability to pass the sound to the car speakers.

If I have to fit a stereo with an AUX in to do that it doesn't need to be anything special as it will just get used for the radio. No point on having things twice.

This is all still quite new to me though!

To fill the whole that is left when you take the origonal one out. Dont really want half a whole there.

Because im having the pc fitted I can run all my music and and DVD's and what ever else through that, so all I want is the ability to pass the sound to the car speakers.

If I have to fit a stereo with an AUX in to do that it doesn't need to be anything special as it will just get used for the radio. No point on having things twice.

You can buy facias to convert double din to single and will give you a little cubby hole too.

http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/ict/p~50-229.html?cat=0

R

You can buy facias to convert double din to single and will give you a little cubby hole too.

http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/ict/p~50-229.html?cat=0

R

Yeah have seen those, not to my taste, just looks wrong IMO. Would rather have the whole thing filled.

I could just use the pc for phone, navigation and internet.

Would be a shame if I wasn't able to some how connect it so I can play all my media through the car speakers though........

Personally I would go for one of the Kenwood or Alpine double din unit.

No point spending all that time and money on an in-car PC to restrict to to the quality of FM or the tape input on the standard unit.

That said I would just do it properly and get new head unit, amp, front comps and sub if i were doing an in-car PC

Pesonally I would go for one of the Kenwood or Alpine double din unit.

No point spending all that time and money on an in-car PC to restrict to to the quality of FM or the tape input on the standard unit.

That said I would just do it properly and get new head unit, amp, front comps and sub if i were doing an in-car PC

There is a guy on ebay who does car pc's and heard very good feed-back even with regards to the fm transmitter :thumbs:

Nothing wrong with a single din solution here is a pic of mine

IMAG0001-2.jpg

Plus i find the extra storage which you gain quite usefull

Your right, not to bad, still think I would like to fill the whole thing though. Dont really need the storage. Just want something that will give at least the same quality as the origonal one and i'll be happy.

I have heard that it can be a pain changing the head unit because of the BOSE element. Is that true? Can it be as simple as a wiring harness and away you go?

Nurrish, have you wired the pc too run your audio through your head unit?

I have heard that it can be a pain changing the head unit because of the BOSE element. Is that true? Can it be as simple as a wiring harness and away you go?

Thanks to ICT its now possible with wiring hardnesses - See my post - http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16403

You will need to make a couple tweeks for it to give the HU a ground (as the standard unit grounds through the chassis not the ground pin) and wire the adapter as per instruction but then jobs a joodun.

Nothing you should have trouble with if your good enough to put a CarPC in

Thanks to ICT its now possible with wiring hardnesses - See my post - http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16403

You will need to make a couple tweeks for it to give the HU a ground (as the standard unit grounds through the chassis not the ground pin) and wire the adapter as per instruction but then jobs a joodun.

Nothing you should have trouble with if your good enough to put a CarPC in

Lovely job, cheers Rob, good to know these things are avaliable and you can still use the stearing wheel controls.

Will just need to decide on a head unit now with the required fitments.

Thanks for all you help guys. Hope to start work on fitment next weekend. :wacko: