350z Sub cutting out !

ANDYB350Z

Hi guys

I have a 2003 350Z GT with the bose ss and the subwoofer keeps cutting on and off. I have read that this is a known issue with 2003 models, does anyone know the cause of the problem, whether its the sub itself, amp or head unit ?

Or is there a fix / solution ?

any feedback would be most appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

You may need to find another member living close by, ideally, who would be willing to swap subs to see if it makes any difference, which i suspect will do. You can buy a replacement 10" free air sub from Alpine or pioneer to name but a few, and only cost 20 to 30 quid!!

You may need to find another member living close by, ideally, who would be willing to swap subs to see if it makes any difference, which i suspect will do. You can buy a replacement 10" free air sub from Alpine or pioneer to name but a few, and only cost 20 to 30 quid!!

I doubt it will work with the bose amp though. :)

I doubt it will work with the bose amp though. :)

+1, at least not very well.

Have you checked the connection at the amp and headunit?

• 2 weeks later...

No not had a chance yet, i believe the amp is burried in the boot somewhere, but as the sub comes back on if i bang the cover gently it would lead me to assume the connection lies with the sub ! im sure i read there was a fault with the amp from bose and there was some recall or something on 2003 bose systems, i did have a genuine nissan pdf about it too ! will have to dig !

managed to get a alternative bose system on ebay, sub, amp, speakers and headunit so hopefully replacing one of them will sort it, but saying this, i bet there selling it cos theyhave the same problem as me ! BAS***DS !!!!

if replacing the headunit you will need to get it paired with the ECU. Something a good audio engineer will be able to do or Nissan

if replacing the headunit you will need to get it paired with the ECU. Something a good audio engineer will be able to do or Nissan

does that apply to after market units as well? I fitted an alpine head unit without doing that, working well so far