KW HLS (Hydraulic Lift System)

kashz

Think Phil was talking to KW about this in the past. Works on the same principle as the Roberuta cups that Top Secret do for the Zed but a lot cheaper... Think it was about £2k as aposed to the Roberta's that are about 4k

Roberuta cups are fitted on lambos and fezzas to raise the cars for speedbumps etc so they have no effect on the handeling what so ever!

Lets not forget crawling along at 2mph over anything not flat, having to judge if you will get down the slope without grounding your lip.... Oh and the balancing on the top of a speedhump before you slowly go down the other side of the speedbump so you dont load the suspension... And the face you have to make when you do scrape the sides and there is always some old codger watching you and they always make the same condesending face and you can imagine the tut uttering from their mouth.....

Oh and the great "Do you mind getting out of the car whilst we go over this bump, we seem to be close".................

If it fits mine you can guess which way I will be going!

Lets not forget crawling along at 2mph over anything not flat, having to judge if you will get down the slope without grounding your lip.... Oh and the balancing on the top of a speedhump before you slowly go down the other side of the speedbump so you dont load the suspension... And the face you have to make when you do scrape the sides and there is always some old codger watching you and they always make the same condesending face and you can imagine the tut uttering from their mouth.....

Oh and the great "Do you mind getting out of the car whilst we go over this bump, we seem to be close".................

If it fits mine you can guess which way I will be going!

sums it up pretty much :lol::lol: , so this 2k cost, is this the defo cost ?

got an email today from the boys at kw right they said to me that because i am running v1 they can supply a universal HLS2 which is only for the front...

They said you will have to change the housing of the front strut as there will be not enough space for installing the HLS2. In future they will change the housing on coilovers so that customers only have to install the universal HLS, amd not have to change the housings.

HLS4 is not possible as on the rear axle you don’t have a strut but spring and damper.

They also said the delivery time for universal kits and new struts is approx. 2-3 weeks

So iv told them interested and waiting for a figure possible group buy for kw owners if the price is right

This sounds interesting,will have to keep an eye on this.

Ditto. I fancied getting the KW V1s at some point. Any idea if it works with V2/3? I'm sure when this was last posted, it wouldnt work with the V3s, I assume its becuse they have more to them the housing is not compatible.