More sound???

martinopy

I've got the scorpion y pipe back system on and it's been on for a few thousand miles now but i think it's kinda quiet and was wondering what the best way of getting more noise would be? I don't really want to buy a new system so i was thinking of running de cats but what are these like on the car? I know you lose a bit of power but that doesn't concern me too much and i also don't really do too much motorway driving so not too concerned about droning either, my biggest concern would be making the car sound like some chavs corsa so was wondering what peoples experiece of de cats are like on the z?

I run my car decatted for nearly a year. Loved the sound of them. Torque was down a bit & the loss was quite noticable when your trying to keep up with other zeds. Used to get a CEL 50 miles after turning it off even when I fitted the non-foulers.

Go with hi-flows, much less hassle when MOT time comes around aswell :)

Get the mid box removed mate ;) more noise for abot 50 quid

I dont think the scorpion has a midbox :)

:doh: yeah your right, change the y pipe then :lol: im just running a back box with no mid pipe and standard cats and think its pretty loud :surrender: decats make it quite raspy imo and the torque loss :headhurt: