**Guide to fitting a NISMO V1 rear spoiler**

GT4 Zed

Hi people,

Anyone out there with any pointers to fitting a V1 rear spoiler(ESR aftermarket item)?

i got one which i plan to install on fri/sat. its all prep, primed and painted to match :teeth:

i have noticed the are 4 bolts on the underside 2 of which match with that of the OEM boot lip spoiler.

Q1- is it necessary to drill for the other 2 bolts for proper fitting or would bonding/glueing be adequate on top of the matching 2 bolts (my concern is that if i wanted to revert the car to standard i will be left with 2 extra holes not covered by the OEM lip :scare: )

Q2- apart from the 2 bolts holding the OEM bootlip in place, is it bonded/glued down? how easy to remove?

Q3- once the above is carefully taken off would there be any exposed parts on the boot that would need sorting if not covered by the V1 spoiler? or would machine polishing be enough without need for boot respray?

i would be very grateful if you shared any relevant experience with this.

i suspect CS would be THE man :p

cheers[/b]

I did this on the weekend.

I used a hairdrier to heat up the lip spoiler after undoing the bolts. After about 15 mins it came off easy. I started in the middle where it was a bit loose and carefully alternated between lifting and heating.

Cleared up the residue with a degreaser, no damage to paintwork.

Used double sided tape and the two rear bolts on the nismo spoiler and job done. Very easy! I think mine is a copy, but cost £100 and the colour matches the car so a result.

:worthless:

Chill Trev, i will fit it between 2moro eve and sat so pics will follow.

Thanks for your input Ozz. CS was quick to give me the low down :thumbs:

Dave, sorry mate i don't have a decent camera down in plymouth but will get a post on the nav this weekend B) . you will be glad to know i have already done some extar modifications on it already :scare:

sorry CS but don't understand why the helpful advice was pm'd

Surely it would be helpful to future people in the same situation to have the guide posted, then this could be added to the guides

Mike, it was talked through over the phone with my workshop lad... :thumbs:

I sent Bennet the direct number... :thumbs:

no probs mate. Just thinking for the future. :)