Tailgate struts

simon1618

My tailgate struts have gone... for want of a better word LIMP, ie they will not support the gate when open. I have enquired at the Nissan dealership and been quoted £375.00 fitted which seems EXTREMELY steep to me.

Does anyone know

Are they easy to fit?

Would it be worth my while buying and fitting myself?

Would aftermarket parts be cheaper but still of good quality?

Any advice gratefully accepted

Iv got the same problem bud and theres a few of us just in the process or buying some via a 'group buy' from adamZ1, which are uprated ones so better and easy to fit. Think there going to be around £120 delieverd, wayne's (clarkie) sorting it mate and dont think he's placed the order yet as adam dint have them in so if your quick you might get some with our shipment, which would make it cheaper for you :thumbs:

Hi Simon, there was a group buy on here for the struts not so long ago, if you click on the search button you should see details of this. They are quite easy to change, you shouldn't have a problem. You could look for second hand ones but they may be weak as well or you could try this company, they seem to promise very good prices!! Click on the link http://www.sgs-engineering.com/gas-stru ... motive.php