bridgestones

the choo

Hi Guys

im sure this has been posted before so appoligies in advance

hope you can help with some advice and supply on some bridgestone tyres

ive got the RE40 on the z and its MOT time the fronts are ok but one or both of the rears will need replacing

ive heared the RE50 is better

so i need any advice on which to go for

and best place to get them at the best cost :thumbs:

The re050's have a couple of varieties I believe. RE050A "Pole position" is one if I remember and are for ultra high performance with very good grip but as a downside will have a high wear rate, whereas I think there is also another variety but just called the re050A (not Pole Position), and there is also the RE050 (without the "A"), which I think doesn't quite give as much grip as the pole positions but has better wear rate but better grip than the oem re040's (which have the best wear rate as they are harder compound) but not quite as good a grip. I've heard the re050's have a softer sidewall meaning you would lose a bit of feedback but not sure on this. Will be interested to know how you find them.

• 2 weeks later...

The above is correct. I'm not sure you can get the Pole position variants of the RE050 in this country, which is a shame but you'll still find the RE050A's a fair upgrade in both ride comfort and wet grip over the stock RE040A.