Pioneer FH-P 80 BT install

danyboyj

Hi guys, first post on here even though I've been a browser for a long time now.

Installed this new HU and have just one remaining issue which I have tried to solve myself, but am stuck. Bought the ICT 29-674 loom and matching steering wheel lead to retain controls but it's this bit im getting stuck on.

I've nabbed a pic from http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... c&start=15 to help. Ignore most of it - its just the circled wires I'm wondering about

ict29674nz8.th.jpg

It's these 3 wires which I don't know where they're supposed to go. When I cross them or ground them, the unit responds as if I was pressing the buttons on the wheel. Can someone tell me where I'm supposed to splice these into?[/url]

You should have a wire colour guide from your ICT packet.

huh, so instructions do serve a purpose !? who knew ?

looked over them last night and took me a while to figure it out, but got there in the end. What through me, was the 3rd connector, i originally tucked it away thinking it was only needed for the telephone connector. Spent 10 mins looking at the 2 main connectors going "none of these have 16 pins" before I found the third.

I may write up a small how-to guide cause I'm sure others like me struggle with even basic headunit installs. I have checked out the guides on the wiki and forum but I still managed to get lost :)

Dany,

How you getting on with the head unit?

I have just completed an ongoing install complete with the pioneer head unit. I have a Jap Import Z with sat nav (in japanese) and I was wanting to get as much use out of the screen as possible. I ended up integrating a DVB TV tuner into the system which works pretty well but isn't too cheap as I had to order a PAC VCI X video interface from the states.

Other parts of the install was a 10" sub woofer, 750W amp, steeringwheel interface and CD changer (cos I had one from and old car).

I'll post another couple of pics on the next post.

Dany,

How you getting on with the head unit?

Pretty good actually, ignoring the huge gap surrounding the unit while I wait for the fascia to arrive, it's great. I never really used the Bose 6 CD changer, most of my music is on mp3. I was going to just add an AUX input to the standard unit but then I started looking into new head units.

I've tried to use the A2DP, but I think Nokias running Symbian S60 are screwed trying to connect to it - S60 doesn't seem to realise that the head unit can do both stereo streaming AND phone interface. My N82 never sees the headunit as a sound output, only a car headset for phone calls. So it ends up conencting and disconnecting every few seconds, a well documented issue on the Nokia forums, to which Nokia aren't bothering to answer. I think I'll upgrade my phone soon, the HTC Touch HD - looks spiffy :)

Still, the USB input is good, and allows me control of the music, which A2DP wouldn't (I think A2DP only allows for music streaming, not sending controls like "play next track" nor does it send song ID3 information across)

Now I just need to come up with a nice place to route the USB cable, most probably the armrest -

Can anyone tell me if its just those 4 rubber 'bolts' which need to come out to release the felt inner?

There was a black plastic surround supplied with the head unit which I trimmed down to fit inside the double din space which filled in the gap between the head unit and the trim.

speaking of which..

I've got one of these on order:

http://www.dvbcaraudio.co.uk/nissan-350 ... -3244.html

Will this be sufficient or am I going to have to use the trim supplied by Pioneer as well?

I am abit confused as to whether i need to order a seperate fascia panel in order to make this head unit fit neatly?? Danyboyj, did you try using the one that came with the pioneer?

Hey S1 HNK, the one i got with my pioneer was actually too big for the slot, so ive had to order a fittings kit.

R

the one that comes with pioneer is a joke really. It's not a snug fit around the HU and the outer plastic looks as if its been made to fill a chasm.

I ordered mine from the link above - DVB Audio, but was initially sent a fasica for single DIN headunit and cubby underneath. One matching the picture is on order, but they dont get any in stock till next week.

The Sextons site says their double-din fascia is for 06 models onwards, so I didnt want to risk getting the wrong fascia.

• 2 weeks later...