headlight condensation

ireynolds

None of it makes sense.

I have even put silica bags in mine now, and they still dont dry out.

Even in this hotter weather - they seem to be getting worse...which doesnt make sense to me....as they just have droplets of water on the inside and the only thing i can think will fix it is new headlights....although not only are they expensive - whats to stop them getting condensation...and what if it is the power supply.

3fiddyZ - thanks for the offer of your spares....Im sure I read somewhere that you arent far from me - im in croydon??? The only problem is im useless at the whole getting the front bumper on and off concept....so swapping lights over etc may not be as easy as first thought?

Well I removed mine and it's been in the airing cupboard drying out. Tried a few things but no success. I hopefully have spare parts winging there way over to me soon then I'll tell you my findings.

I still think it's the power pack.

Ok, I have an update.

My lights were in the airing cupboard for two days. I refitted them and they worked. Got my MOT certificate and drove away happy.

Still think it's a power pack fault however they did dry out.

If others are in the same position and can afford to take the car off the road for a couple of days then it's well worth whipping down the bumper and removing the lights. Both very simple tasks.

Thanks to P15UL T who was in the process of packaging up spare bits for me when they decided to work! Great effort from Mr Dreamcustomz!

no worries stew :thumbs:

back to the problem at hand with mr reynolds, i think 3fiddy is quite correct by saying that the lights may have water in them as in you take off the backing to dry them...the small dropplet of watter will dry and the misting will disapear but there will probably be water lying in the bottom some where that will condensate back up.

you are correct in saying that there is a small rubber drain plug on the lights so technacally they are not sealed.

i wouild personally get the arch liners and undertray on before trying to fix the lights again

anymore questions feel free to drop me a pm and ill try to help anyway i can

Paul