Best mod to increase engine note?

Nick_MSM

all I can advise is on my current and past experience

On my previous car I had replaced the exhaust and added an HKS intake, the sound was beautiful - you got a lovely suction noise from the front and a lovely sound from the exhaust under WOT.

That was a Supra NA

Recently on the 350z I have replaced the plenum with a Kenetic V+ which made the noise very sweet - not offensive but a lovely sportier noise. Then last week I added the free flow cats too, this has kept the noise low (82dB) but sounds very nice and burbly whilst very throaty at WOT. It is easy to live with daily and not offensively loud - just noticable and nice.

I am now considering replacing the exhaust system too but for now this will do. I think I will add a pop-charger if I see one come up on here though just to complete the intake sound.

Guest prescience

As a slight aside, I noticed on the Kinetix website that they have an upgrade programme for the V4 to V+ plenum for existing customers - I have asked them about this and will post as and when they get back to me :)

what benefit does the + really have over the v4 though?

I have to say that the + runs very cold, it is even after a good run cool to the touch so it should off set some heat soak issues from certain intakes?

Thinking of going for a pop charger, will this increase engine note by much? Which is the best one to go for? Not too fussed on performance gains as the lardy old girl is usually taking it easy anyway ;)

Yes dramatically, but only if you stop driving like a 'lardy old girl'... :p

Kicks in properly around 4000rpm ;)

Thinking of going for a pop charger, will this increase engine note by much? Which is the best one to go for? Not too fussed on performance gains as the lardy old girl is usually taking it easy anyway ;)

I,ve got one of these fitted http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-350Z-Piper ... dZViewItem

it sounds like the end of the World when you boot it :thumbs: take no notice of rash claims of power increase though ;)

Get one bought now (and no its not me selling this B) )

As a slight aside, I noticed on the Kinetix website that they have an upgrade programme for the V4 to V+ plenum for existing customers - I have asked them about this and will post as and when they get back to me :)

interesting let us know! :teeth: