best wax/polish

dr bru

got a kuro black z so its crucial that i use the right products. i have used meguiars in the passed and thought it was pretty good. any other suggestions?

No. Meguiars NXT rules. Zaino maybe better but much more expensive! :wacko:

Meguiars NXT is okay but doesn't last long. If your going to use Meguairs, I'd recommend the crystal 3 step system, or Mirror Glaze range.

Try Poorboys for the next step up after Megs, that's what I'm currently using. If you want close to perfection, invest in a Porter Cable 7424.

www.autopia.org for loads of reading material.

The ultimate is supposedly Zymol, but that is *very* expensive.

that is a very good guide many thanks...

where can I get the zaino and zymol products as I ve never seen these for sale here before.

What about autoglym as well is this nay good?

Autoglym - pain to use and leaves horrible residue. Old tech.

• 5 weeks later...

Agree Autoglym can be a pain to use. Although the best product they do is Ultra Gloss Protection (semi permanent). My previous car (trophy winner) took a 3 day hammering with the stuff all over and a simple wipe over with a chamois would return it to and amazing shine again. Also helped protect the front end from those stones.....

Although after reading this I may try some of the others. One thing for sure, there's no short cuts, it needs elbow grease no matter what you use!