Speaker Recommendations

gadgetnut74

Hi Guys, considering upgrading my ICE, within a budget.. noticed some disagreement on web as to whether read speakers should be disabled, but for now looking for significant upgrade to fronts and open to suggestions!

Also likey to look at double din unit shortly (with ipod, idealy BT,) any suggestions / recommendations welcomed!

Any installers recommended in Surrey area (Leatherhead)

Speak to Andy on here as he can supply kit and sort out the install :thumbs: hes not far from you either.

HU, I really like my kenwood DNX-7200 but havnt really used any other, like the interface on the alpines though.

I have Kickers in the rears, they are a good all round recommendation and are a good balance to the decent genesis ones I have upfront... I would go for all 4 but others prefer just the front 2...

Are you going for a Sub? Stock location isnt great cause it does give you a thump in the back with the base up.... There are ways of fitting so you dont get a massive kick... Or you can fit under the strut...

Not looking for a full ICE install, Just IPOD and bluetooth, uprate speakers a little and possibly SatNAV..

Front speakers only is fine to keep costs down.. the 7200 and the new ones just appearing on sites for delivery next month-March towards the top of my league!

Kenwood looks a good bet with Parrot hands free and garmin Satnav, but the satnav adds a big old chunk, and I have a roadster, so a little concerned about thievability..

What's Andy's pm / location?

Andy's pm is Andy (!)

If you get an all in one unit like the 7200, they are a pain to get out if they dont know how, they look built in and will probably damage when removing so according to a few people the little $hits dont go for them....

If you want some security, then you could look at the Kenwood KOS range, they do a v-500 that will fit in your rear cubby, one cable goes to a kos-702 that you can fit in the upper dash cubby, then all your sat nav, ipod, bluetooth plugs into the v-500 in the rear cubby nice and safe... All the bits come up on ebay from time to time. Its touch screen and has a remote that you can control all your bits from... Good think about it being "moduler" is that you can add the bits when you get the cash!

I take it the KOS range connects via FM antenna to the BOSE? Interesting solution that, I assume a little jiggery pokery required to install monitor in cubby but neat..

Hadn't realised how cost effective the all-in one is (5220BT / 7200) compared to the KOS components.. £400 for nav, £200 for screen, etc etc

I'm going to look at 5220bt/7200+BT (8220 looking too big a premium)

Thanks again for the tip!

PS Kenwood use the 350 in their promo shot:

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/eXcelon/Mobile_Video_n_Navigation/

New ones coming..

http://www.itechnews.net/tag/kenwood-dnx9140/

If you are looking for just head unit and bluetooth then it might be worth looking at the new Alpine range -

Single Din

New CDE104 unit (http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/new_for_ ... ml?cat=732) has iPod connectivity and Parrot bluetooth hands free build into the single unit.

If you want to spend a bit more look at the X305 which replaces the X100 http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/alpine/p ... html?cat=0

Double Din

The Alpine -IVA-W502 combined with the new KCE-400BT unit would give you a great solution

Personally i prefer the X305 solution as it gives an interface virtually the same as the iPod is and super easy to use - also iPhone 3G compatible