Just bought a 3.5 yr old 350 from Nissan dealer

matth76

Hi

Just bought (or have put down a deposit) a 55 plate 3 and a half year old 350 and about to pick it up in couple of weeks. By buying it from a Nissan dealer I have been given a 12 month warranty which they said is the same as a mfr warranty (on the paperwork it calls it "Premium Care - 12Mth (Nissan Car 3-7yr/80k") - is this correct?. I've been offered a second year at half price £200. Does my warranty cover exactly the same known issues (such as Bose stereo skipping and gear box problems) as the standard mfr 3 year warranty when you buy your car from new?

Thanks for any help.

Yes it does, my 4th year warranty was a Nissan extended warranty and through this, they resolved my Bose issue and also the rear clicking axles that my car was suffering from.

£200 for another year is something I would go for, that’s a great price, I paid just under £400 for a single year… :thumbs:

I also know from experience, the extended warranty won’t cover certain items, such as the paint flaking/bubbling on the wheels, these can only be swapped/refurbished in the first 3 year manufacturer warranty… :thumbs:

Thanks CS - would it cover the gear change/syncro issues?

It will cover anything that has a Technical Service Bulletin out against it, of which I am pretty sure the synchro mesh is one of them. So is Bose problems and Clicky Axels. All problems you find on here that are covered under the normal warrenty will be covered with the extended. Mine saved me from a blown BCM, which if I had to pay would have cost me £800 to fix :scare:

Is a faulty air bag control module covered by warranty/technical bulletin? The car I have put a deposit down on had the air bag light on (wasn't flashing - was just on permanently) which the Nissan dealer said they would fix before me picking it up. They said it was because the passenger air bag was turned off (I didn't believe him) but if they can fix it that's fine. Just worried it may rear its head again as I have read this is a weak point of the 350 or a common issue and can re-occur.

Hi

Just bought (or have put down a deposit) a 55 plate 3 and a half year old 350 and about to pick it up in couple of weeks. By buying it from a Nissan dealer I have been given a 12 month warranty which they said is the same as a mfr warranty (on the paperwork it calls it "Premium Care - 12Mth (Nissan Car 3-7yr/80k") - is this correct?. I've been offered a second year at half price £200. Does my warranty cover exactly the same known issues (such as Bose stereo skipping and gear box problems) as the standard mfr 3 year warranty when you buy your car from new?

Thanks for any help.

As far as I know (similar situation here), there are three levels of cover for the Nissan Approved warranties (when the car has run out of mf. warranty): Ultimate, Premium and Drive. There's a longish booklet about this, Ultimate is listed as mfr. warranty with some exclusions, Premium has a smaller list of specific items that are covered, Drive is even less, etc. Ask the dealer to spell it out for you, it may depend on the fine print which things are covered or not.

£200 per year sounds about right for medium level of cover, these can also be bought from independents but can't really say which is better.

You cant turn the airbag off per say, apart from disconnecting the plugs, If its not the dash bag (that someone has disconnected cause of using a baby carrier) it may be the seat airbag, its quite a simple fix... Its probable that the previous owner had something rolling around under the seat and its just knocked the seat plugs... Simply disconnect battery, unplug and replug the seat connector, connect battery and then if you need to do a battery reset....

Just been quoted £417 from Nissan in Chester, and they'll do 0% interest free over 12 months. The guy said this also includes breakdown cover & MOT protection.

Sounds good to me - I'll haggle him down though.