Paint Shield Protection.....how much???

get12

Hi all, I have crossed from the 'other side' to see if I can get advice on how much I should be paying to get my Zed's nose paint shield protected. I have had a quote from Paintshield, which offer a 1 piece solution for the nose. I only want to get the nose done at the moment, can anyone tell me what deal they got and who with and quality of the work carried out etc?

Much appreciated.

PS I like what you are doing here-makes a refreshing alternative.

G

Hi Mate,

I post on both and replied over there. As mentioned I've got hte full Paintshield kit and don't regret it for one minute. Had it from new. Expect to pay around £500 dependant on how much you have done.

Hi Kev946,

Yeah I caught your reply and thanks-im still a bit pi**ed at having my thread removed to members area-I wanted to canvasse the whole forum. You paid for the whole of the front end, I just wanted a quote for the nose as I think that is the area that is affected the most-besides, the film for the bonnet only covers half of it and I was told by the Paintshield guy that it is noticeable more so for it.

G

Hi Mate,

You will get pressure to join over there. Nuff said.

Yes, I've got the whole kit. The bonnet is the most noticeable, but I also like the fact that the Paintshield is now curved. I got my Impreza Bonnt chipped badly when the car was only 2 months old, so decided I had to have the full kit. I really don't mind that I can see it. It kind of reminds me I'm protected.

Whereabouts are you. We have a few meets approaching in the Midlands, 1 on 14th and 1 on 21st. Come alog to one of those and I'm sure one of us with PPF will be there. I'm up for 14th at the moment. Shelshey Walsh Hill Climb, (spectating), near Worcester.

Depends what colour you have!

I've seen Kevs and it looks fine, I had my Kuro done and removed the bonnet piece as I thought it was to noticeable, but I highly recommend you have your bumper done!!! I'm on my second bumper and this one isn't shielded, and after our drive to wales i found big white chips everywhere!!!

DaveH

Depends what colour you have!

I've seen Kevs and it looks fine, I had my Kuro done and removed the bonnet piece as I thought it was to noticeable, but I highly recommend you have your bumper done!!! I'm on my second bumper and this one isn't shielded, and after our drive to wales i found big white chips everywhere!!!

DaveH

:sorry:

Yeah, I was coming to that Digsy, it's all your bleedin fault, was your Mrs chuckin stones out the window?? :boxing:

Nope, she was far too scared!!! :p

Yeah she did say your driving was crap when you went to pay the food bill! ;):boxing:

Mark, was your Mrs not bricking it?

You were driving like a man possessed!

Erm.....a little at times, like when we were barrelling into corners with deathwish sheep in the road. She was worse to start with at the beginning of the faster bits, but I started to teach her how to "read corners" with vanishing points etc, so that rather than not knowing what was going on, she knew when I was going to accelerate or brake etc.

Seemed to work, as by the end of the day she was better...... still a little unused to the level of acceleration, but definitely better. She even said she was starting to like it! :thumbs:

But that was not me like a man possessed....... I would have been quicker if she had not been there...... :D

Hi Mate,

You will get pressure to join over there. Nuff said.

Yes, I've got the whole kit. The bonnet is the most noticeable, but I also like the fact that the Paintshield is now curved. I got my Impreza Bonnt chipped badly when the car was only 2 months old, so decided I had to have the full kit. I really don't mind that I can see it. It kind of reminds me I'm protected.

Whereabouts are you. We have a few meets approaching in the Midlands, 1 on 14th and 1 on 21st. Come alog to one of those and I'm sure one of us with PPF will be there. I'm up for 14th at the moment. Shelshey Walsh Hill Climb, (spectating), near Worcester.

Well, it's true what the other thread was saying about the majority of users from this site being 'Northerners', I live in Eastbourne, I dont think I could live any further south -apart from Lizard Point, on the mainland!!!

G

hi mate, :welcome:

I've had the very first Z to have Paintshield in the country (others had had Armourfend).

After 2 years of having just the bumper done (IIRC it was £240 ish) after 2 attempts by the inexperienced authorised installer in Stockport, I am actually going down to Gratham to see Tom tomorrow morning. Since they saw my car @ JAE 2005 and weren't happy with the install, they'll do it again FOR FREE! Now that's what you call Customer Service.

I'll be having everything else done too, as they sent me some freebie bits which I had never had the chance to do. I'll also be having my front lip done, after my previous one chipped badly!

I highly recommend the product, and wish I had had the bonnet done from the beginning too, as it's now chipped to death, unlike the bumper!