**ENDED** Will these wheels clear the bodywork with no mods

lomoto

Axis are a cast wheel. They are nice wheels though but i would be worried about weight in a 20 inch.

Look nice though. Not sure about spacers as well. If the are +35 then fitting a 10mm spacer will equate to +25 on the fronts which is the same as my offsets on the front. My rears are +29 on a 10.5, so these will be in the arch about 12mm, which should still look OK.

You could always go and see them first and try them on. You could then see how much they weigh.

Cheers

mind you it all depends on how bothered you are about full performance and what you do with the car mate. IMO surely adding lots of extra unsprung weight is unnecessary on an already heavyish car like ours :)

yes I dont like the idea of adding to the weight of this car..especially unsprung weight, alright if you just want to cruise but for a track day or two may upset the handling

Tim,

Why not check with Axis how heavy they are. Mine are heavier than the standard wheels and they have forged centres and rims. Provided they are not massively heavier they should be OK. The other think to remember is much of the increased weight comes from the bigger tyres. My fronts are only maginally heavier for example.

Tim,

Why not check with Axis how heavy they are. Mine are heavier than the standard wheels and they have forged centres and rims. Provided they are not massively heavier they should be OK. The other think to remember is much of the increased weight comes from the bigger tyres. My fronts are only maginally heavier for example.

Hi Kev, yes I,ll give Axis a look up on their website., determined to get some different rims on :D

The other thing to remember of course is cost goes up inversely to weight.

If you don't like them you can always sell them on probably for pretty much what you pay for them.

LOL :teeth: yes money is always important ,otherwise I,d just order the best wheels I could find

Mike is only 65 miles from you, and always offers to fit so you can see,

As the weight,

Yes each wheel is 15% more than standard, but the ride is not affected, you can drive mine if you want and you will see no difference, agreed you will see a difference if you track the car but i have the standard wheels for that.

Mike is only 65 miles from you, and always offers to fit so you can see,

As the weight,

Yes each wheel is 15% more than standard, but the ride is not affected, you can drive mine if you want and you will see no difference, agreed you will see a difference if you track the car but i have the standard wheels for that.

I thought the seller of these wheels was in Newton Abbot according to Ebay listing thats at the other end of the country to me ??

The Axis are pretty light then. My works weigh 26.5 lbs front and 28 lbs rear. This is actually what they weigh and not a manufacturers figure. Mine are 19x9 and 19x10.5. It says SF challenges which are a good datum, weigh 27 lbs and 28 lbs.