HI all, I'm Ricky from Herts UK!

:D Hi everyone. I'm Ricky live in Herts work in Harrow. 29 yrs old & have to say am a BMW fan :angry: ! I currently drive a BMW 330d & a memeber of bmwcarclubmagazine forum under the same handle.

I have been reading in Evo magazine over the last couple of years how amazing the 350z is & I do like the look of it. (I myself was a fan of the old Datsun 240z, there was a chap on my street when I was a kid who was restoring a beautiful red one). After reading how in the 2005 Evo car of the year it came a close second behind a BMW M3 which was £15k more I was intrigued. Well yesterday I went for a test drive at my local Nissan dealership & was unexpectedly amazed! It felt like a proper lightweight, chuckable, true sports car with a muscle car engine/exhaust note. It reminded me of my old TVR Chimaera with its short throw, precise gearchange & slightly stiff clutch with its short bitting point. It was a point & squirt kind of feel with amazing chasis balance & acceleration, not to mention a lovely sounding exhaust. This now has me rethinking what my next used car buy will be!

:thumbs:

Guest prescience

:welcome:

A very brave first line , but well recovered.

The Z is much more dynamic than your current beamer although a 330d has some positive points in its favour too

When I remember them I'll let you know :lol: - only joking, enjoy your stay

Hi Ricky,

Glad you like the Zed. Very different car to a 330d. I used to have a 1999 325i and loved it, but they are everywhere. I don't quite agree with you description of the Zed though. I certainly would not call it a proper lightweight, chuckable, true sports car. It's more of a Grand Tourer, and weighing in excess of 1500kg it is very heavy. Try a Lotus Exige if you want to expereince a true lightweight sports car.

Don't let me put you off though, the Zed eats up the miles, has a great engine and handles pretty good as standard. I also agree with you description of it being a muscle car. It was built to be popular in the US. Evo magazine said recently that it never felt outclassed in any company. Don't forget though it is Japanese so build quality is a little different to a Beamer.

Sure Kev I know what you mean its not really a true light weight chuckable car like e.g an Elise but it just felt very nimble & easy to handle; made me feel like I was better driver than I may actually be! But I suppose jumping out of a heavier diesel 4 door saloon may have added to that sensation. ps thanks for the welcome everyone:D

:welcome: Ricky!!

Ok the Z hasn't got the build of a beamer but it certainly makes you beam every time you see 'er!! :D (sorry!!!!)

Ha ha Andy, here's the drum roll and cymbal smash! :band:

And Welcome Ricky, get rid of that common car and get a proper car :D;)

Nice to read your post :)

I understand what you are saying about the Z and the way it feels. My last car weighed less than 1200kgs and the Z didn't feel heavier. At the end of the day, if the chassis is sorted well, then who gives a munkys about the 'paper' weight? True, the car can't be called lightweight due to the specification alone, but if it handles like a sportscar and drives like a GT, you have the best of both worlds.

Personally speaking, as an overall package, I rate Japanese cars over German cars.

Okay so perhaps the interior of most Japanese cars aren't exactely as good as some German cars, but then again if BMW built the 350Z, you'd be paying a heck of a lot more money.

I would rather have a reliable Japanese muscle car with a questionable interior over a less reliable, common german car with a prohibative price tag and exorbitant servicing costs.

Plus I'd stand a better chance of getting out of a T-junction in a Japanese car ;)

Nice to read your post :)

I understand what you are saying about the Z and the way it feels. My last car weighed less than 1200kgs and the Z didn't feel heavier. At the end of the day, if the chassis is sorted well, then who gives a munkys about the 'paper' weight? True, the car can't be called lightweight due to the specification alone, but if it handles like a sportscar and drives like a GT, you have the best of both worlds.

Personally speaking, as an overall package, I rate Japanese cars over German cars.

Okay so perhaps the interior of most Japanese cars aren't exactely as good as some German cars, but then again if BMW built the 350Z, you'd be paying a heck of a lot more money.

I would rather have a reliable Japanese muscle car with a questionable interior over a less reliable, common german car with a prohibative price tag and exorbitant servicing costs.

Plus I'd stand a better chance of getting out of a T-junction in a Japanese car ;)

I agree and Nicely put.. B)

What I really enjoy about motoring is the sesation you get once you get into a car & start driving. Its not so important to me about prestige brands etc, its how the car makes you feel when your behind the wheel. The 350z is an exhilirating car to drive & yes I suppose so is a BMW M3. But I compare them on the feeling both cars give (aesthetics of the car also). I'm not concerned with fuel economy, luggage space, 2 seater etc as I have a 4door saloon for the wife & family so I suppose its easier for me to decide what to buy. Though there is no denying that I can buy a 3 year old 350z import at £8k to £9k less than a same year M3 & that is a fact which I do have to consider, not being made of flippn money as my wife will no doubt remind me when it comes to buying a car!

• 3 months later...