brake pad confusion - help please!!

zedwagon

Alright guys - I've also got a JDM import - 35th anniversary model fitted with brembos (same as GT4) do these take the same pads as all uk spec Zeds, just had a service done and they estimate 80% wear so also on the look out for front pads, how much for a set of ferodo ds performance then ;)

Never believe what garages tell you!! :excl:

If you can't check them yourself get a free check from an independent, and have a look for yourself. It seems that Nissan tell most of their customers that "your pads are 80% worn, and need replacing very soon".

They told me exactly the same thing when i took my car in for a service, so i went out and bought new pads and front discs, (performance ones, not oem) but didn't fit them for another 5000 miles. When i took the old pads off they still had 50% life in them. :headhurt::rant: still changed them though!!

To be fair the worst pad was about 75% worn but they did the usual garage thing saying the discs are marked and could do with changing but today wasnt a bad day, dry at least so I thought I get some pads and fit them. :boxing:

I just went to the local motor factors as he had some mintex replacement pads in stock, fitted them in about 1.5hr and that with taking photos for a "how to guide", having a sticky guide pin, cleaning the calipers down and going to pick them up from the shop and two cups of tea :snack:

Absolute doddle really, dont pay anybody to do this for you if you have a spare hour one day. :teeth: