Warranty on parts

Martin W

Anyone had problems getting Nissan to honour parts warranies.

I had most of the Offside suspension replaced in April last year under an insurance claim. In December discovered the (part of claim) Rubber boot of the lower ball joint ( part of Hub Carrier assy 40114-AL55J was split top to tail.

Spoke to the repairers this weekend an dtook the car in for them to photo.

Nissan's response makes me think they are going to do everything possible to wriggle out of it.

None of their sites are anywhere near me.

To replace the rubber is a 10 minute job.

They seem to expect I will just leave the car with them whilst they START to TRY an dget a warranty claim passed.

Whats my 4 year old car's service history got to do with a 12 months parts warranty?

Any comments ?

See Below

======================

Hi Peter, thanks for the enquiry.

The part is guaranteed for 12 months against mechanical or manufacturing failure.

We can certainly try and remedy this for you.

Nissan’s warranty procedures are strict & allow little leeway.

Obviously we have copies of the original invoice for the part (so no problem there).

Your customer will need to book the vehicle in with the service department at one of our sites.

(Which ever is most convenient for them?) & provide their vehicles full service history.

We can then proceed with trying to claim the part under the manufacturers warranty and gaining authorisation.

I have attached below our weblink which can direct your customer to our nearest site:

www.westlondonnissan.co.uk

I hope this helps, please make the customer aware of the original invoice number so the relevant site can reproduce this.

Regards & thanks

Des Mullins

Group Parts Manager

WEST LONDON MOTOR GROUP

Incorporating

WEST LONDON NISSAN DAN PERKINS NISSAN WEST LONDON KIA

Eastcote | Hanwell | High Wycombe | Mill Hill | Ruislip | Shepperton | Slough | Wooburn Moor

Tel:020 8280 0600 Fax:020 8579 3903 Mob:07811 214024

• 3 weeks later...