HID Headlight bulb fitment/connection.

marzman

Hey guys,

Im just taking a look at my spare JDM headlight as im looking to revert it back to HID from the regular bulb it uses now.

I've sorted the wires out, but im stumped on how the bulb holder mounts onto the headlight...? I've got no idea.

There is no bulb with my unit... the bulb itself doesnt have some kind of connector on it does it?

Do you secure the bulb in under the clips and plug the power pack into the back of it????

Photo0643.jpg

Photo0644.jpg

Photo0645.jpg

Photo0646.jpg

hi marzman, the bulb sit inside the hole and held down with the metal wire clip, then the bulb connector pushes onto the bulb and then turns to clip on to it

some of the cheaper hid bulbs dont have the correct notches cut out the bulb to sit in properly and you will need to file them :thumbs:

and more question just ask

Paul

Okay, another quick one...

Just looking at some HID bulbs on eBay, and it says:

This listing is for a brand new set of good quality D2R 8k 35w HID Xenon bulbs for factory fitted Xenon kits with non projector headlights.They're made from UV cut quartz glass and have a lifetime of around 2500hrs, they come brand new in the box for easy replacement for your factory fitted HID bulbs.

Arent our lights Projector headlights? Im 99% sure there's only one type of D2R bulb, i just dont want to throw away £28!