Strange 'clack' noise from the clutch

SwissZ

Hi all

Had my roadster for 2 weeks now and loving every minute of it execpt for one thing thats concerning me a little. As the subject name says, I'm getting a kind of clack noise when I release the clutch pedal regardless of whether theres a gear in or not. I took it back to the dealer who told me it's normal. Does this sound normal to you more experienced Z drivers?

Cheers

Mark

Does it do it when letting clutch up - mine seems to make a whirring noise when stood still - then when I push pedal down it stops - then clack on way up and whirring begins again - can't tell when on move just when stood still - mate of mine said realease bearing s - maybe ??!!

• 3 weeks later...
Does it do it when letting clutch up - mine seems to make a whirring noise when stood still - then when I push pedal down it stops - then clack on way up and whirring begins again - can't tell when on move just when stood still - mate of mine said realease bearing s - maybe ??!!

Yup, I've since discovered thats exactly what it's doing. It also makes a worrying vibrating noise when you change gear at over 4,500 revs Hadn't noticed that before as I was taking care running it in.

Your mate's right. Mines going in tomorow to have the release bearing changed. Not exactly happy about it, but what can you do. Car's not even a month old! :wacko:

Nah, if you heard the noise, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't think it was normal. The noise it makes when changing gear at high revs is especially worrying. I've driven 3 Zs so far and the other 2 were fine. The mechanic confirmed straight away something was wrong.

I'll let you know if the bearing change sorts it. It'll be in for 2 days as apparently, the entire gearbox has to come out :wacko: