The strangest thing!!

DJsickboy

So this is weird... ;)

My Z is behaving strangely.. The revs seems to rocket up but without much drive... It does it in first second and third.

I also get this funny twitching feeling from the back end accelerating out of corners!!!

It definately seems to be much slower through the gears because of these problems..

Seriously though I do have a strange problem, first thing in the morning for the first mile or two I have a strange whisltilng noise like I have left the window slightly open or one of the tyres is very fractionally rubbing on something, It is a speed thing in as much as I have dipped the clutch and its still there, dab the brakes.. same, check windows (obviously) still there. As soon as it gets warm it dissapears and doesnt come back till the next morning even after being left alone for 9 hrs during work..??

Other than that its been 3 months now and 6000 miles later and I still love it.

I also seem to have a permanent stupid grin plastered over my face most of the time, this is occasionally replaced with a look of horror once in a while but not enough to worry me too much. :blush:

I find the traction control a bit unpredictable, sometimes its like a car with turretts, other times it seems quite laid back about it all and lets it slide quite a way before I get the slap on the wrist.

Bit dodgy pulling out of junctions...... go go stop go go stop.

But I have to say that I am enjoying this weather but I dont think the Nismo rims are, or the paintwork...

Onwards upwards and forever sidewards

Jay

I find the traction control a bit unpredictable, sometimes its like a car with turretts, other times it seems quite laid back about it all and lets it slide quite a way before I get the slap on the wrist.

What shoes is she riding on? If they're a bit tired/worn or rough. Presuming of course that you're not on stock tyres too?

Thanks for the replies... :teeth:

The revs going up was me being scarcastic/daft sorry :blush: , its because of the cold weather and slippy roads it just spins everywhere.. something I am sure we are all experiencing.. :)

Its only done 5k total mileage so I think the clutch is good.. hence the back end twitches..

The whiney noise is a strange one, I dont think its the exhaust as the car is only 3 months old, its defo a wierd one, sounds a bit like an air leak getting in somewhere until it gets warm and then goes away... :wacko::lol:

The tyres are Falkens on the 19 inch Nismo rims with very good tread with pressures at 35psi... Do these rims + tyres affect the TCS because the are bigger? It is very unpredictable, sometimes it chimes in too early sometimes a bit late.. Its no big deal but a tad confusing/fustrating especially at junctions or exiting roundabouts.

In warmer days I just switch it off cus I prefer it that way but in this temp with the black ice and dodgy roads it stays on!! :thumbs:

Jay

Yes mate I think we are!! I didnt want to ask either because I thought I was going nuts but it is definately there..

Maybe thats it... You may have hit it on the head, maybe the rubbers are compressed by the window and when its very cold the stay in that position untill some warmth expands them to close the gap???

Dont know meself but I have tried my hardest to at least pin it down to an area with no joy..

been meaning to post this for a while as I get the whistling noise aswell !

only happens in winter when temp is less than about 5 degrees and sounds like wind whistling through a window (it warbles a bit aswell) but not really in time with acceleration, more the car's movements and going over bumps etc, it then stops after a couple of minutes

could it be coming from a belt?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a few of us are 'whistling' to work on a morning :D My car also does this, just for a few mins until it warms up. My whistle seems to come more from the front of the car, I put it down to air flow thru the 'grill' on the front bumper, but would be interested if anyone really does know what it is. Who needs the radio on what with the whistle combined with the nismo exhaust who needs music baby :teeth:

• 2 months later...

Gents - did anyone find a cause or cure of to this wind noise / whining / whistling? Is it the rubber seals which need some treatment or is there some mis aligned piece of body work or a window which needs resetting? The noise in my car does seem to be coming from the passenger side slightly behind the seat... but the sound is audible even with the windows open so do not think it's the actual alignment of the glass. Am loving my Z so want to enjoy it even more without this noise!

• 2 weeks later...

I bought some Gummi Pflege from e-bay and have applied it liberally to every rubber seal I could find to hopefully stop the whistling .... but no luck! The noise seems to totally unrelated to the windows as it whistles even when they are down. I have not pin pointed where it comes from but it does seem come from the rear and only appears when I'm doing 45mph and above, I have checked for any signs of damage, lose trim or misaligned body parts but it all looks as it should. Has anyone else had this issue .. .and ideally fixed it?

I bought some Gummi Pflege from e-bay and have applied it liberally to every rubber seal I could find to hopefully stop the whistling .... but no luck! The noise seems to totally unrelated to the windows as it whistles even when they are down. I have not pin pointed where it comes from but it does seem come from the rear and only appears when I'm doing 45mph and above, I have checked for any signs of damage, lose trim or misaligned body parts but it all looks as it should. Has anyone else had this issue .. .and ideally fixed it?

is it the fuel pump you can hear?