Wheel squeeling

Ozz

I can't believe I've had my Zed for a year today! Going for MOT shortly so fingers crossed!

Anyway I've been thinking of selling but as I can't think of a better car to get (until the 370...) I'm gonna stick with her. I should sort a couple of small issues out, mainly a squeeling noise so...

The squeeling noise sounds like its coming from the drivers wheel, I can only hear it at speeds under say 40mph. It goes immediatly if you touch the brakes even lightly but its been doing it for a few months now.

I'm going to take the wheel off later to see if I can see anything obvious - any ideas anyone? Its a 05 JDM with standard alloys and brembo brakes. I don't think its wheel bearing, sounds more like brakes.

Woohoo straight through MOT! Should do with only 14k but nice feeling.

He said brakes were fine, could be dust and there was a bit of rust as its not used much. I'll try removing the calliper and cleaning it up before I replace pads. Actually, if its nothing serious and pads are fine then no point in changing until needed I guess.

Rear tyres very low so need to go shopping for new alloys/tyres now!

Cheers guys.

Mine as done this from time to time from as low as 8000 miles on the clock on the same front drivers wheel.Doubt the pads will be worn at that mileage. The zed does have a trait of doing this from brakes that have not had a hard time. :)

And for sure non of my calipers are sticking.

Mines done it on the same osf calliper since it's 1st service @ 9k, we re-lubed the backing plate that the pads are bonded to with copper grease & no more squeak, went in for it's 2nd service @ 18.5k, squeak back & again we re-greased it upon it's return & all fine thereafter.

They tend to clean the brakes upon inspection with whatever chemical & for some reason the osf calliper always comes back squeaking.