Brake Vibration

Geordie

Shortly after I first bought my Zed I noticed some vibration on braking from high speed. This got worse as time wore on and seemed to be coming from the chassis and not through the steering wheel as I've seen before on previous cars.

My dealer recommended replacing rear disks and pads and the problem went away (standard Nissan unfortunately). This was on 27k miles. Now the problem is back after 53k miles.

IS it normal for rear disks to go that quickly? Or is it something else? Done nowt but normal driving, never been on a track with it.

My disks (front and rear) lasted 72k including a few laps of Nurburgring. Are you sure you aren't wearing your pads out and then running metal to metal on the disks?

Alternately, if you've cooked your pads you could find you get a vibration until they wear surface off.......... I only replaced my disks because they were lipped - not because they were warped......

If you are heavy on the pads, go to a higher performance - something like Ferodo DS2500s......