Suspension help needed for KW V3's

Bundus

Hey all

Im currently up at Marshall Nissan in Cambridge - meeting the friendly guys, enjoying the GT-R and having my KW V3's fitted.

Ran into a bit of a snag regarding the suspension fitting. Basically my zed currently has HKS suspension which was on the car when I bought it and the HKS kit comes with after market top-mounts which are a larger thread to accomodate the larger thread on the HKS damper. Now unfortunately the KW kit doesnt come with top mounts as its supposed to fit wit the original top mounts (which I dont have). We are therefore totally unable to fit the KW's to my car.

Dom at Marshall has rung round for a price for standard top mounts which came in at £75 each for the fronts. The rears arent even listed on the nissan system so he is sourcing a price for those.

Does anyone have any suggestions or even better a set of standard top mounts they are willing to part with? I wont get the suspension done today now which is a shame but it gives me a bit of time to source some standard suspension top mounts so if anyone knows a breaker with a zed in stock or any other suggestion would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Or does anyone know if KW make their own top mount that can be used? Trying to call them and emailed with no luck. Any top mount will do as long as its compatible with the KW kit. Cheers guys.

KW does not offer any for the V3 coilovers unfortunately. Did you sell your stock suspension? If not, then you'll need to transfer those upper mounts over.

Or does anyone know if KW make their own top mount that can be used? Trying to call them and emailed with no luck. Any top mount will do as long as its compatible with the KW kit. Cheers guys.

KW does not offer any for the V3 coilovers unfortunately. Did you sell your stock suspension? If not, then you'll need to transfer those upper mounts over.

Damn thats that plan out the window then. Unfortunately the HKS kit was on the car when I bought it from Japan so I never had the stock kit. Thanks for the info Adam.

Does that mean my only options are full price standard top mounts from Nissan or try and get some used from a breakers yard? No aftermarket top mounts out there at all for the KW?

Andy, have a word with MrLizard, he bought the KW kit off us, and now has his standard set-up up for grabs... :thumbs:

It came off his 2006 Zed... :thumbs:

Unfortunately mate he would have had to re-use the standard top mounts to fit his KW kit so I wont have any luck there. What I really need is someone who has fitted a coilover kit that comes with aftermarket top mounts. That way they would have their originals up for grabs.

Cheers for the info though mate - much appreciated.

not convinced i have the top mounts as part of the kit?

If you can see them let me know! :)

DSC03087.jpg

anyone who disses my trainers will be given severe evils at the next meet.

and yes i know the garage needs sweeping :p

Think we posted at the same time. Yeah I dont think you will have the top mounts - they are most likely still on the car holding the KW's on. Thanks anyway though mate - thanks for looking.

Andy, have a word with MrLizard, he bought the KW kit off us, and now has his standard set-up up for grabs... :thumbs:

Unfortunately mate he would have had to re-use the standard top mounts to fit his KW kit so I wont have any luck there. What I really need is someone who has fitted a coilover kit that comes with aftermarket top mounts. That way they would have their originals up for grabs.

Andy, after posting I engaged my brain and realised that MrLizard needed them for his own use... :blush::thumbs:

Andy, after posting I engaged my brain and realised that MrLizard needed them for his own use... :blush::thumbs:

:lol: no worries mate - I appreciate any help I can get at the moment.

KW clubsports come with adjustable top mounts. Maybe you can ask KW if you can buy top mounts, adjustable or not, by them.

TEINs come with adjustable top mounts too, well some models do. So if you see anyone posting about switching to TEINs, you might wanna PM them. ;)

there are no aftermarket top mounts that I've ever seen for the Z. You can ask KW, but I seem to remember the Clubsport mounts not being useable on the V1-V3's

The HKS kit thats on my car at the moment has aftermarket top mounts - knowing my luck it will be the only kit that does it so Ill have to get the standard ones (not totally against that but its a lot of money for what is essentially a big nut and bolt). Im waiting on a response from KW so I'll see how that pans out but I think you are right.

Take a look at this thread mate, he might be able to help and there’s also a few on eBay who are breaking Zeds… http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15871

:thumbs:

Dropped him a pm - cheers mate.

I run Clubsport and the front mounts are not compatible with V3.

Nissan do have the rear top mounts on there system and they are available ex. stock.

I also have a set of preowned front and rear stock mounts in the garage but if I remember correctly they are still on the stock shocks. I will have a look tomoz.

I also have a set of preowned front and rear stock mounts in the garage but if I remember correctly they are still on the stock shocks. I will have a look tomoz.

Alex if you do have them and are willing to separate them from the stock shocks please do let me know. Ill take them in a shot. Thanks mate.

rears I have, fronts I need to look around for

Thanks for looking Adam. Nissan said the fronts were easy to get so I'll happily take the rears off you if Alex isnt able to find his full set (or doesnt want to split them from the shocks)

Looks like I may get there in the end - was seriously thinking I'd have to reconsider my suspension choice. Thanks so much for all the help guys, I really appreciate it :teeth: