Changing side lights

neil2185

Hello,

I am trying to change my side lights and I am struggling does anyone have a vid or a guide they could post.

All it says in the handbook is to take it to nissan! I cant imagine everyone here has paid there massive prices to have a few bulbs changed!

Any tips or advicve pls?

Merry Christmas!

i changed mine a few weeks ago, as put the bulb in it fell out the socket in 2the sealed headlight, :rant: a long time later with a vacuum and some wire i managed 2get it out, these aftermarket wedge leds do not fit as tight as the originals so be warned

Ha ha... you're not the first, and you certainly wont be the last mate :lol::lol:

To be honest, its probably quicker to just whip the bumper off, take the headlight out, and shake out the bulb... Thats probably a 20minute job :thumbs:

I am starting to think I might just not bother!

Do it mate - its all good fun. And if anything goes wrong, yeh its really annoying and will make you want to kick your dog or something, but in 6 months time its worth it and you can laugh about it. :lol::lol:

No need to jack the car up! Just turn the wheel so the tyre is pointing out towards you so you can get clearance to the clips in the lining in the wheel arch.

I've done mine twice, it's not easy more of a pain as you get stratched to f**k when pulling the lining back and trying to get your hand inside to the bulb!

And yes, those LED cheapo bulbs are crap IMO they don't clip on properly - I bought a set and they wouldn't clip in properly so didn't bother.

No need to jack the car up! Just turn the wheel so the tyre is pointing out towards you so you can get clearance to the clips in the lining in the wheel arch.

I've done mine twice, it's not easy more of a pain as you get stratched to f**k when pulling the lining back and trying to get your hand inside to the bulb!

And yes, those LED cheapo bulbs are crap IMO they don't clip on properly - I bought a set and they wouldn't clip in properly so didn't bother.

you dont have to jack it up but it does haelp as you more clearance to pull the lining down a little more