Wizard of nitrous

madwi

Well I have narrowed the kits down to either NX or Wizards of nitrous. I found their forum/website. I read a lot of info and now im looking for some independant un-biased reviews of people that have wizards installed on their rides. It will cost me more to go with the wizards setup as ill have to ship form the UK to the US, but if the solenoids are THAT much better ill end up ordering from them.

So My actual question is If you own a Wizards of nitrous setup on your ride how do you like it? If you could change anything would you? If money was no object (haha yeah i do have a budget :p) what would you go with and why?

Just from the little research i did on their forum it goes on and on how they are the safest, best (obviously they arent going to say yeah, we suck). I did read how NX copied their solenoids. Also how they offer up a challenge to any other nitrous company and the NY-Trex stepped up and got smacked down like a little ho.

This is getting a little long winded lol. I guess its a big deal to me to have the best kit out there. All the "look i blew my motor using nitrous" threads/vids is just playing on my emotions of whom to go with lol.

Thanks in advance and I appreciate everyones time.

Scott

Wizards of NOS do have a pretty good reputation, and have been used on a couple of the car shows over here for TV.

I looked into it a few years ago and decided they would be the way I would go if I were going to do it. It turned out I couldn't on the car I had. :blush: So although I haven't had it on a car, I would have gone with the Wizards of NOS. :)

Not many on here have got NOS so you won't get too much feedback I'm afraid. Zedrush had it on his old car. Have you this this thread here "NOS"? It pretty much covers everything. All I'd say is get the best of everything and get it fitted by someone with experience. Can be safe but only if done right, and spending more now is better than blowing your engine.

Keep us posted mate with as much pics as possible as it could help anyone else who wants to go NOS :thumbs:

Yea i have done searches for NOS nitrous n20 and read all of em :) I was hoping there may be a lurker or two with the system. Good news is that WON said they are going to be posting a few pics of a 350Z they just finished on so that should be a big help with info.

I need the dollar to get stronger for when i purchase lol

i was a bit :bang: when i looked up the exchange rate lol

• 1 month later...

I've had an NX setup fitted to a previous car and it was great till the nitrous solenoid went down (better that than the fuel!!!!) it was a well made piece of kit all hoses are braided unlike the wizards which look cheap an plastic. also the bottle looks much better an more professional IMO.

Don't know what extas are availible for the wizad kits, but NX has a MASSIVE range. including safety switches that cut off the system if it runs too lean (which I would advise as thats when things go bang)

Having said all that, if an when come to fit another kit I'll be going for the ZEX wet system.

It's only a restricted kit, I think only options are 35, 50, an 75bhp, and the purple bottle looks a little camp, but eveything looks good quality well made solenoids, braided hoses, nice machined valves etc. It's the easiest system to set up I've come accross, and it has a "smart" box that controls both the fuel an nitrous, so they're in the correct proportions, . Very safe :thumbs: AND they're cheap esp if you order from the states... or were untill the pound fell on it's arse lol.

Hope this helps

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
...I've had an NX setup fitted to a previous car and it was great till the nitrous solenoid went down...

Hope this helps

Mark

Well I ordered the WON system today minus bottle (save on shipping) so we will see how this adventure goes. I chose the WON based on comparing solenoids solely. I like the fact that they are CNC machined. Being a CNC machinist myself, the decision was a no brainer lol. After searching for threads/info about solenoids failing, the WON solenoids came out on top of the pack.

The plastic hose doesnt bother me at all. It may look cheaper but plastics today are not something to be sneared at in my opinion. Plus I am covering all the visible lines under the hood with wire looms anyways so i wont even see it.

Hopefully I will have a post up soon titled "oh sh!t this thing is fast" lol

Hey Guys,

I have a Wizard of Nos kit on my Zed. I am running a 50 shot fixed hit with an 11lb bottle.

You definately picked the correct kit, and I have no connection to WON dispite my I.D. :lol:

Be careful with the power though, I wouldn't go above a 50shot without a controller...

The only thing you'll find with the kit is the bloody bottle runs out way to quickly and getting it refilled and refitted can be an annoying task, which is why I'm going FI soon... :D

Hopefully with the release of the Uprev/osiris ecu tuning I can safely run a 150 shot with the max extreme controler. That is the long term goal for now. But for starters I plan on getting it all hooked up on the 50 jets. I have 50/75/100 jets coming in the mail. So I guess I will have to see how big of a smile the 50 and 75 jets give me at first and go from there.

Id love to go FI but i aint that big of a baller, especially in this economy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...