Bluetooth - Help Please

neil2185

Hello all,

I bought my zed with a bluetooth kit in it, does anyone know if this is facrtory fit or something that has just been done by halfords.

It seems to work ok but I cant pair my phone to it, I can find the device and then when I try to connect it asks for a code, I have tired all the obvious options but every time it just pops up saying 'connection failed' - if this is a factory fit device then its under warrenty so nissan can sort it, if not has anyone got anything like this in thiers and knows the code or any advice.

:headhurt:

how old is the zed?

That doesnt look like any factory ones ive seen, it is usually in the cubby hole under you left arm, with a cradle waiting for the adapter. I suspect this has been added after, looks like it has a motorola symbol on it as well, no chance of getting in touch with whoever had it before for the code? or getting a model number and seeing if it can be reset?

Have a hunt with the search function mate. Its a small adaptor that clips into a connection inside the storage area between the seats - operate through the steering wheel buttons.

Fitting couldnt be easier - just clip it in - £70 is a good price BTW

Thats a Motorola aftermarket I'm afraid mate. If you have a UK car, you can buy a bluetooth adaptor for about £90-£100

Remember that the roadsters do not have the integrated phone/cradle as a factory fitted feature. (Only mentioning that as I do not know from this thread if your ZED is a coupe or a roadster ;) )

Ah see mine is a roadster, does that mean I cant use it?

Then thats why the previous owner fitted an aftermarket thingy so the bluetooth adaptor is a non-starter for you.

I use a Jabra ear piece that works fine with the o2 orbit phone when in my other 'alfs car - but hopefully a roadster owner will be along to tell you your best option

Nissan must have decided that you can't have a soft top and a phone :lol:

have a look on the net for a manual for it. In there you'll find the connection code. It won't work like the OEM one though which uses the steering wheel buttons. Unless you in a roadster which then it doesn't matter cos you don't have the steering wheel buttons anyway.

have a look on the net for a manual for it. In there you'll find the connection code. It won't work like the OEM one though which uses the steering wheel buttons. Unless you in a roadster which then it doesn't matter cos you don't have the steering wheel buttons anyway.

That's what he's told us :bangin:

I did wonder why the roadsters only had buttons on one side of the steering wheel!

Well I can agree with nissans assumtions ever since I have owned a roadster I have had no need for a phone, I just drive next to the house of the person that I want to talk to and using the genius of a convertible I just lower the roof and shout.

I can only guess that is what Nissan had in mind when they decided that roadsters didnt need hands free!!!!!

However I am pleased to report through the power of google I have got it up and running and it is a motorola HF850 and its pretty good, I had built in factory fit SAAB blue tooth in my previous car (a saab strangly enough) and this is much better.