Bose sound system - Your thoughts?

neil2185

Hello all,

Hope everyone is well?

I have the bose sound system as part of the GT pack in my zed and I was just wondering what everyone thought about it, I think its pretty good but has anyone done any upgrades that make a big difference? I think the sub behind the seat is a nice touch dont get that on most cars!

That said when its cold, normally on start up, it jumps for the first 10 mins or so, pretty badly, does anyone know a cure?

Merry Christmas

On the rest of the Bose, well it's ok I suppose. It does me although I am tempted to upgrade a little.

The skipping problem is known, if the car is under warranty then Nissan will replace it. If it isn't then the options above are as good as any.

I came from a Lexus IS220D and in my opinion the Bose (if it is indeed Bose) system is rubbish. The bass lacks depth, but then it is a small open air one, and there is no clarity in the midrange. When you put the volume up it gets even worse becoming very unstable and harsh.

Saying that I don't think I will bother to change it, mine had the skipping even when it was warm, my CD unit got changed under warranty and has been fine since. (I do need to book it in again though as the centre console rattles sometimes and it didn't before).

I spent money on systems before and I change my car fairly frequently so I will leave this one as I wont get the money back when I sell it.

The clue was when my CD player was replaced and they had to get the part from Clarion. I have had a Clarion HU before and it was ok.

Why would replacing the speakers improve the sound?

Ok they would be of better quality, but then you are into upgrading the amp, maybe putting a sealed enclosure in somewhere, but surely speaker placement plays a large part?

My Lexus had a woofer driver low down in the door, a mid about door handle height and tweeter in the bottom of the A pillar, same in the back door, a centre in the middle of the dash and sub in the rear shelf that used the boot as the box, but you can't very easily replicate that sort of setup on a budget in the Z.

I looked into changing the setup in the Z and it was easily 1K for low end but quality kit.

i can see what you're saying about the speakers - you can only get out what you put in etc

but honestly they are total budget crap, they look like £2 speakers from maplins, even kickers make a big improvement, focals ould be better but wasted as you would then want a beeter amp then h/u and as you say 2k is easily spent :headhurt:

really depends on your budget and needs

OK, so if I was looking at a bit of improvement I could not do wrong with some say Alpine e range? (I quite like Alpine) as they are about £30 a pair, and can you improve the bass depth and speaker response with a bit of noise killer sheet in this car? I am sure some of the weakness is reflections within the body shell.

OK, so if I was looking at a bit of improvement I could not do wrong with some say Alpine e range? (I quite like Alpine) as they are about £30 a pair, and can you improve the bass depth and speaker response with a bit of noise killer sheet in this car? I am sure some of the weakness is reflections within the body shell.

:thumbs: the boot floor is a weak point as it creates a hollow sound

good link

http://liljerk.morpheus.net/350Z/