Refusal to Start..

gadgetnut74

Ok problem found but dealer being a pain..

as i'd found a 0.5-0.8A draw on battery, dealer worked on this for 2 days, and eventually found a cut wire behind dash which had been repaired by .. twisting them together .. it was shorting and draining.. probably remnants of an old phone kit from previous owner..

The problem I have is I bought this (06) car in October, first took it to dealer with the issue in early december and though battery passed test, I ended up with a new one as nothing else could be found as cause, and I was £140 lighter (warranty claim not valid as battery within nissan norms and i needed the car back.)

Now Wilsons epsom want £185 in labour charges for finding the fault (which they sold me) ..

Service and Sales can't agree on who should pay and after 3 days are asking i go in to mediate!?? (Sales say as out of the 3 months its my cost)

Is it me or are they out of their minds?

Recommendations guys?

Tell them to sign up and we'll mediate!

:snack::snack::boxing::boxing::teeth:

Hi Guys, resolved, long argument but went armed having taken legal advice and spoken to Nissan UK..

The service department got stiffed by sales from what i could gather so i've sent em a little something by way of peace offering.. sales coughed.. (after I walked out and made arrangements to pay for storage of vehicle while I pursued my 2 legal cases for negligence re: first repair, and under 2002 additions to sale and supply of goods act 1979.. to be fair, I meant it..

Had my leg lifted once by them.. no one lifts my leg twice..

Glad they found the fault, but i am a little puzzled. If they found a wire that had been twisted together and was shorting why did no fuse blow? And if it was enough to drain an entire battery whilst been shorted out why did the wiring not burst into flames first before the battery got drained? :wacko:

Seems a little strange to me because if this was the case i would hope that some protective device operated first.And if their is no blown fuse because it was not protected then i would at the very least expect to see a badly melted cable. ;)

expect to see a badly melted cable. ;)

Like this:

DSCF0988.jpg

Agree, strange that this wiring issue as described should cause a drain, but as long as it is fixed and the problem does not reappear then hey ho.

Alex.

Funny, that's what sprung to my mind Alex! :lol::lol:

Just as well old fiestas were lying about....... :ninja:

I didn't see it but from description, the wire had been cut for tracker or whatever so live feed not ignition, and was badly twisted / little melted..

I now see 0.08A and was 0.5A (peaked at 0.8A) so thats a significant drain certianly.. more than a little concerned at potential fire risk that was, and yes I'd also expect more damage.. perhaps they underplayed that..

Making me think twice about an ICE install though!!