Picking up on MONDAY!

Azure06

Dear all,

after nearly 7 rather unpleasant months in Iraq, i'm home and have paid the deposit for the 2006 MY Zed. i'm getting an azure (you'd never have guessed from my name!).

I will pick it up on Monday and will post some photos when i get it and stop grinning long enough to operate a camera.

what size do photos have to be to go on here again? i've got a big camera so will have to shrink them down somehow. can anyone advise?

regards! :D

:welcome: to the place to be mate,

and welcome home! :thumbs:

You did well to get a deposit on an 06 just now and pick up on Monday? Result! :teeth:

Anyway, you can post decent size pics in the gallery section. Its more your signature and avatar that you need to keep down.

But obviously there is only a certain resolution that you'll get benefit on here anyway. Someone will be along shortly to tell you the best to do ...... for the forum's sake I mean.

PS: You picked the best colour. Just hope you don't live in the north west as I was enjoying the exclusivity! ;)

Gongrats :yahoo: on getting the car mate. The best colour. :D

640 x 480 at 72 dpi as the gallery only displays it at a certain size anyway unless you double click on the image.

Chris may now the actual display size. I don't. Sorry.

it is an honour to inform the assembled company that a beautiful baby Zebedee was born to me yesterday at 1pm. i am the proud father of the new addition to the family.

ok so i've had it for 36 hours and can't stop smiling. :D already washed it as it was a bit grubby after motorway journey up to The Burgh. can't stop smiling at it when i come out of the petrol station or something. a woman gave me funny looks in the street as i took these photos but i care not about such things- IT IS MINE FINALLY!

picked it up with 28 miles and i'm now on 300 miles and the guy told me to take it easy until 600. should get that done by tomorrow night at this rate! :teeth: how dull it is backing off just when it's sounding fun but this car is too precious to me to mess it up!

saw a silver one in new town in edinburgh and parked next to it for a sec to see differences. easiest way to tell from outside is LEDs for brake lights on the back. inside you'll find aluminium surrounds on air con. either way, it's a peach older version or new.

lomoto, thanks loads for that DVD. it's been as epic as i remembered!

alex,

the street in question is at my fathers house on forres street, just down opposite 80 queen st pub (or drum and monkey as it was- how come you always know a pub by the name it's first called?!)

jacko, it's tax free cos i'm in the army and based in germany so sorry to disappoint but you'll have to pay tax. or alternatively join the army just so you could own it (as "a friend" of mine did :) )

m13kyf,

my facial smiling muscles are taking a beating! i park it near the window so can look out no matter what floor of the house i'm on!

came out this morning to find the biggest bird sh*t i've ever seen splattered all over the roof and rump. another £4.99 at shell then for car wash. i'm on 484 miles now so that 600 is looking good and then we'll start to have some fun!

:D

exactly :scare: car wash :scare:

first thing you should buy when you get a new car is a new sponge. Not a token at the garage.

Nah, one of the Meguiars Wash Mitt..... much, much nicer and better getting into the nooks and crannies..... :D

No chance of me using a car wash! ....... .brave, brave man on a new car! :scare:

Whereabouts in Germany? I'll be dropping into JHQ in a about a week or so with my black roadster. (after I've ragged the ar$e off it up the autobahn :) ) Man am I looking forward to that! Look out Hermans here I come :lol:

exactly :scare: car wash :scare:

first thing you should buy when you get a new car is a new sponge. Not a token at the garage.

Nah, one of the Meguiars Wash Mitt..... much, much nicer and better getting into the nooks and crannies..... :D

were you talking about washing the car jacko :lol:

fear not on the wash front, 'tis not a macine but one of those places where they let a guy run a hand car wash business in the shell garage itself. think i'm going to get to know him quite well.

neo,

the dealers said to drive it to 3500rpm until 600 miles. i hope it's not 1200 miles cos i'm close to the 600 now and am keen to start driving "with enthusiasm".

swiss Z,

i live near hanover so won't be at jhq. enjoy that autobahn tho and make sure you only get V Power fuel which is the shell 100 octane stuff. i've noticed a big difference between that and optimax on the old car. haven't driven my Zed in germany yet to see how that goes.

does anyone know why we can't have 100 octane fuel in the UK?