20" Ascari Pentas

Argyll

The laquer on my alloys are quite badly chipped again. They are quite a wide dish and this is the second time in a year they are needing re-laquered. The water gets in these chips and discolours the wheels with brown blotches.

A mate at work reckons I'm better stripping off the laquer and leaving them bare but ensure I clean them on a regular basis with very fine wet and dry. He reckons I can strip the laquer of myself using nitromors!!!!

If I did strip the laquer off what would be the disadvantages and is it safe to do it myself with nitromors? If not can anyone recommend someone decent in central Scotland?

you could strip back the lacquer and use a good wheel wax like poorboys

mine aren't lacquered, they just take a little more maintenance

nitromors is aggressive stuff, def dont use this with the tyres on the rims, nitromors will blister rubber, its applied to expand rubber for certain applications

nitromors is aggressive stuff, def dont use this with the tyres on the rims, nitromors will blister rubber, its applied to expand rubber for certain applications

are your wheels antera ones like mine??

stoo

are your wheels antera ones like mine??

stoo

yeah the same mate :thumbs:

martin spent quite while cleaning the wheels up when he got them, flatting the rims and polishing them

never use wheel cleaner as this will stain the lips (they're either too acid or alkaline)

dont use a sponge to clean as this will scratch, use a wash mitt

i use an ab lance with super snow foam this allows the cleaner to dwell without touching the wheels

dont allow dirt to sit for too long as this will stain

a good wheel wax helps with the cleaning

Photo-0122.jpg