scorpion exhaust

cgomez1978

hi guys just bought a scorpion exhaust from andrew at ESR i didnt really want to phone and ask him any questions at the moment as he has got enough on his mind.

i know the ECU wil cancel out any power gains but will it give me more torque or will it just be purely for sound

im also having a pop charger and a plenum spacer fitted

everyone i speak to keeps on telling me different things

thanks

As the others have said the pop charger and exhaust are just for sound. The ECU will cancel out the increase in air flow by simply opening the throttle less.

The spacer will give you more torque and power but only marginal. It balances out the air flow to the front two pistons which means they get more air (same as the back pistons) and gives a better burn of the fuel. This in turn gives you slightly more power and torque, but as the airflow stays the same, the ECU can not cancel it out.

Yep, everyones right, I think they made the plenum smaller to meet more stringent emmision laws in the american market. The spacer will make torque and acceleration more noticable on motorway driving when overtaking etc... the filter and exhaust will just make it sound nicer when doing it!! :teeth:

Fletch

East Shore Racing