Loss of music

SteveW

Good evening everyone :o)

No not misplacing it but loosing the sound coming from the left side of the car.

Now I know that loss of sound from the left side of the car was a warranty issue but it is usually accompanied by skipping of CDs. I don't have the skipping; CD plays fine just every now and then I lose sound from some or all speakers on the left side.

Sometimes I lose the trebles other times the mids, occasionally everything. It is rather annoying but only ever does it playing CDs never ever when listening to the radio.

When I bought my car the owner told me the head unit was replaced under warranty for this very issue. Do the replacement head units have a habit of failing too, if so its not what you would expect of Bose stuff to be fair. I'm not sure if this could be a loose connection or new head unit time again.

If so whats the best option? The car is out of warranty being an 04 and its going to be hand in pocket time. Has anyone experienced this? Is it the head unit? The amp? Any help very much appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

EXACTLY what happened with mine. CD never skipped. Radio was fine!

If mine plays up it's getting binned..... It might get binned anyway but not quite yet.

Not sure if much of a warranty was dished out on the units though.

EXACTLY what happened with mine. CD never skipped. Radio was fine!

If mine plays up it's getting binned..... It might get binned anyway but not quite yet.

Not sure if much of a warranty was dished out on the units though.

this has happened to me 3/4 times but only when paying a cd. I found by ejecting the disc and putting it back in the problem goes away. Mine is a 04 plate but it has been fine the last few month's :D

Thanks for the information guys........gutted to find out its £295 for a reconditioned swap which may well go tits up 12 months down the line......

Very very disapointed with it being a Clarion/Bose system, I've had a sony headunit in my other car for years and its spot on.

Right I suppose in this case the next question, are there any headunits available from other manufacturers that work with the steering wheel controls and the bluetooth kit??

Thankyou:dry:

No direct replacement will work with the wheel controls as far as i know,but if you replace your headunit a pac interface can be purchased at extra cost to retain the wheel buttons.

I have a Alpine unit and can still use the wheel buttons but i have lost the phone and bluetooth.

No direct replacement will work with the wheel controls as far as i know,but if you replace your headunit a pac interface can be purchased at extra cost to retain the wheel buttons.

I have a Alpine unit and can still use the wheel buttons but i have lost the phone and bluetooth.

Correct as far as I know too. The bluetooth magic is in the BOSE unit itself so you'll need to get a replacement headunit with a phone capability included :)