potentially cheap zed.. what do you think ?

cerealuk

and the search is still on for my zed hehe...

determined with the climate the way it is to bag a bargain!

what do you think of this? seems almost TOO cheap ?

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/NISSAN+350+Z/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-171-240-4294966394-4294967243/advert.action?R=200845112061783&distance=65&postcode=bh211uj&channel=CARS&make=NISSAN&model=350+Z&min_pr=&max_pr=14000&max_mileage=

have emailed the guy to ask the obvious questions.. will report back when he replies.. Is this gunmetal? hard to tell in the photo

But it says it in the description. I think thats the point Chris was making.

Aye tis a fair point (pretty big one at that) :teeth:

just hoping theres nothing else untoward.

any idea on the colour.. is it gunmetal ? :)

ideally wanted black but if that is a genuine car then id settle for gunmetal :)

scam ;)

Agreed, the price/spec/description just doesn’t add up…

I’d take a wide berth, plenty of Zeds to be found and as Stew said, if it’s a Black Zed you want then I’d be inclined to wait until you come across one that suits your budget/description… :thumbs:

Good luck with your search, always worth checking the For Sale section on the forum too... :thumbs:

Hi buddy, I had a look at few 350's (under 10k in price) with a friend who wanted a Z on a tight budget... All the ones we looked at had been re painted in various places and in some cases quite poorly. Of course this could have been an innocent car park ding repaired but then again it could be something more serious being covered up... In all cases the seller the denied any knowledge of repairs.

If you're looking at spending 10k stick with the private market. The ones the traders get hold off are generally to rough for the forecourts (of the dealers) and off loaded to the traders on the cheap.

You should be able to find a clean, early UK car within budget. Just check the service history and go over the bodywork carefully. Take a leather with you if it's raining / frosty so you can see the paint dry. Rain or beaded water will cover up any imperfections. Good luck.

Personally I'm not sure what the RAC cover and what comeback you would get if they missed something, hopefully someone on here can add to that??

Generally speaking the car is pretty tough mechanically so check for full service history and check the brakes and clutch if the miles are higher. My Z has done 53k and it still feels solid.

It's the bodywork that's harder to spot. The friend I mentioned was spotting things I would have missed. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying spook you!! There are plenty of good examples out there, a check might help you avoid a lemon though!

thanks for all the feedback so far guys

just wondering wether you feel it would be worth looking at if i paid for a RAC gazzilion point check and ordered a report to check original colour and if hpi clear etc?

I think you'd be lucky if the car existed mate. Just wait for the sellar to email back with 'if you want I can release the car for your inspection, just transfer some money to an off shore holding account blah blah.'

Just bide your time, an ideal and real zed will turn up soon enough :thumbs: