OEM phone cradle - how does it work?

Xendric

Ok, I got my car used about 2 weeks ago, and though it came with a phone cradle, there is no phone in here.

The previous owner told me it's compatible with older Nokia models.

Now I don't have one of those. What options do I have?

a) Pick up a used one from the classifieds. I don't know what models are compatible, so maybe this isn't an option.

B) Use an adapter. Not sure if that's even an option, use an adapter from this phone cradle to be compatible with my current mobile - a Sony Ericsson 850

c) I read somewhere that you can use a bluetooth adapter and use my current or whatever future phone I get. How does this work? Can I still use the steering wheels buttons? Where can I get one of these and how much does it cost?

Cheers

Alex

the bluetooth adapters replace the existing cradle and you can still use the hands free buttons on the steering wheel. Some people have said that you get issues with some phones not being compatible, but i have not had any issues with a samsung or a sony ericson.

if you use an old nokia, you are going to have to run two mobiles which i found just did not work out.

i would recommend the bt adapter.