Clio iii experience?

NWZ

Going to look at some Clio iii's tomorrow for the mrs, anybody running one for their other half on hear and have any experience of them? Anybody know what to look out for, seen a couple of private ads 56 plate around 20k mileage, £5200 - good deal or should I haggle hard in this market?

(Going to view these cars in my old runaround as not to appear too flash in the Zed.... :lol: )

Any tips for how to haggle ?

Well it could work.

I bought my landie for a song due to doing this, the fact his new car was on the drive and he had had a few glasses of wine! :teeth:

Did I take advantage, yes. Was he happy when I handed over the readies and drove away. Yes.

Everyones a winner. Well worth a try anyway.

Oh and go well prepared with values.

private or dealer?

private, hit them with a REALLY low offer and work up. Chances are their confidence will be knocked with the first offer so you'll geta good deal.

I know it's not nice but it works! :D

OooOoOOo your a sly one stew :lol:

All the best with the viewing squarehead :thumbs:

my wife has had 3 clio's, we have a 57 plate 1.2 turbo atm which is excellent on fuel and has the same pull as the 1.6 golf we had last

i've had no real problems with them at all but i would say (as it is always mentioned) test all the electrics

the 100bhp dci does 65mpg !

Thank guys, really quick response.

Apparantly, it was the guys daughters car who has moved to London and no longer needs the car....mmm...maybe a need to get rid of it soon then, So, if it all looks good, he's asking £5200 - what should I start at ?? £4800? On the basis, a service is due I reckon - 36k is next service, tyres might be due, discs & pads might need doing - current mileage is 29k.

£4500 and explain its coming up for some expensive maintenance, ring a garage and ask them what they would offer you for it and use that info while you're viewing

plenty more out there although the drop in price doesnt seem to affected these cars too much tbh

Well it could work.

I bought my landie for a song due to doing this, the fact his new car was on the drive and he had had a few glasses of wine! :teeth:

Did I take advantage, yes. Was he happy when I handed over the readies and drove away. Yes.

Everyones a winner. Well worth a try anyway.

Oh and go well prepared with values.

You still got the bruise on the back of your head from when you dropped that penny? :p

Thank guys, really quick response.

Apparantly, it was the guys daughters car who has moved to London and no longer needs the car....mmm...maybe a need to get rid of it soon then, So, if it all looks good, he's asking £5200 - what should I start at ?? £4800? On the basis, a service is due I reckon - 36k is next service, tyres might be due, discs & pads might need doing - current mileage is 29k.

Have 4400 in one bundle of 20's and wave that at him.. it is amazing what the sight of 220 x 20's will do and the fact you will take it right now...... mention upcoming service and have print offs of other similar cars, preferable low mileage with up to date history and same or lower price.. It is a good mileage motor and if top condition i woudln't part with a penny more than 4750 for it.. then i'd feel ok.. any more i'd feel sad.. check out FOW.co.uk fotr bargains.. also dealer will give you at least a 3mth warranty whereas this wil be sold as seen, no come back etc etc..

Cash in your mitt is a great weapon.. i bought an ML merc for my wife, back when 4x4's still had some residual value, and found that having the cash available (not with me) that day got me a hefty discount ...

good luck

Bought it :)

Car is in mint condition FSH, it has just been serviced, the discs arent too bad, the tyres are like new.

I started at £4700, they wanted nearer £5000, I said nope, and we agreed at £4750 :thumbs:

He was a nice fella but didn't have a clue about the car.

Nice work guys!