Drivable in snow?

SwissZ

Having just bought a roadster with little or no thought gone into my decision, as an after thought I was wondering what they are like in snow seeing as we get quite a bit of it here in Switzerland.

Am I going to end up wrapped round a tree, or do Zs handle okay on the white stuff?

Cheers

Mark

With the wide tyres and rear wheel drive its not going to be a lot of fun!

If the snow has settled before you leave home, dont go.

For getting caught out in it, buy a set of "Auto Socks" for the rear wheels and they should help.

Enjoy the summer!!

JohnK

Winter tyres are a must here anyway so I'll be certain to have them on. I like the look of those Auto Sock things, that'd be a lot better than having chains taking up boot space. Have a horrible feeling they're not considered as an alternative to chains in Switzerland though as I've never seen them before. We'll see...

Anyway, won't be worrying about that for a while. As John said, off to enjoy summer! (If it ever stops raining :wacko: )

Cheers

Mark

I bought a set of Auto-Socks ( they don't do the exact size, the biggest they do is slightly too small ).

The one day I needed to use them last year, I couldn't actually get them fitted ( had not bothered trying them beforehand - but had seen pictures of someone on the other channel who had fitted them )

I found that there was just not enough space between the tyres and the arch to get your hands in and to manoevre them over the tyres.

As I was at home, I gave up after about 10 minutes with the backs of my hands all scrathed. If I had been stuck somewhere I'm sure I would have perservered more, and if necessary I would have jacked the car up a bit to get some more clearance between the tyres and bodywork.

Be warned - these are by no means easy to put on !

Gus