California (now with pictures)

Pagnobito

Just came back from California, or to be more specific travelled on the West coast around L.A. to San Diego and back.

I saw loads of 350Zeees, even noticed I have one in a photo I took of a building after I returned and was reviewing them. Most were standard, some with different wheels and one put down some rubber on a red right turn as I was waiting to go straight on which was nice.

I rented a car, which at booking said Dodge charger or similar, so when the rental place said any car in row 6 and I saw that also included a Ford Mustang, I just had to choose it, being a fan of Bullitt and all. It had a 4.0L V6, 210bhp 5 speed auto, and was crap. It had 30K on it, rattled, wobbled and one of the wheel bearings whined at anything over 45mph. The only upside was putting 10 Gallons of regular in for 28 dollars.

Can you spot the 350zeeees?

yv646h.jpg

yv646g.jpg

Not much of a drive?

I did nearly 400 miles and was only there for a week. I really wanted to do L.A, San Diego, then Vegas, the San Fran and back to L.A (covering some of the national parks on the way but I would need 3 weeks to do that, which I had but it ended up a last minute trip and we had to wait for the wife to get her passport.

I did the driving so there isn't really any pictures of the cars on the road, and the one in the picture of the building is a bit small, but having said that I will see what I have and possibly post some.

I saw an Aston in San Diego a few times and it seemed he was just driving about and popping the throttle off the lights to make some noise, which echoed off the buildings.

Don't come to the hoon then! We did 320 odd in a day! :teeth:

Last time I was on the 'left' coast I stayed in Oceanside which is near enough halfway between LA and San Diego. Easy reach to a lot of places and a cracking happy days type 50s town.