Good mpg

theman

Just driven 580 miles (NE Scotland to London) and sitting mainly at 80 mph averaged 30.9 mpg! I thought this is good value!!?? I started off with Sainsbury 97 RON as was not near Shell garage. Topped up later on with Shell V and consumption actually improved whilst driving exactly the same (boring!).

Just thought I'd share that with you all. :yawn:

Have a few questions about my car but better put them in technical section. It has documention from NISMO with letters/codes stating what upgrades were done at NISMO factory but I am unsure exactly what these upgrades are. Will any of the 350Z boffins be able to tell me just from the codes?

Anyway, that was a long day but the car was getting some looks! :thumbs:

Later.

nice zed B)

a lot of people report better mpg with shell v or similar, i think its more efficient

Its because it doesnt have to retard the timing and hence you get better bang for your buck (i.e. fuel burns better getting you more power for equal fuel). The engine is optimised for 98RON, so anything less than that and it will not be working at optimum, so the same fuel will produce less power, so you need to boot it a bit more (more fuel) to get the same outcome, so MPG drops. Genius B)

Did you get 580 miles from a single tank :scare: ?

It did fluctuate, my readings are in Kms' and I got 770km and still going before I topped up. I calculate that to be 481 miles. Apart from a couple of dual carriageways through town this was almost all motorway or 40mph zones. I managed to squeeze just over 81 litres in to the tank. :)

Nice wheels what make are they? Dumanis by any chance lol

Excuse my ignorance, not a clue what Dumanis are!!?? :blush:

They are Bersaglio Spoke II (chromed-20"). Lovely wheel, actually very easy to keep clean. That said even though I won't run the car much in winter the wheels are coming off and hopefully fitting some Rays' just to be sure! ;)

I am pretty sure they are the same wheels i have bar mine are 18 lol cant all afford 20's lol! Car looks very tidy B)

Cheers for the comments-car is far more stunning in the flesh. I am sure even the 18s' look good, nice deep dish and I find them very well finished. I'm sure I'd rather have 18s' when it comes to replacing the tyres!! :scare: