Dixcel Brakes fitted today...

Adriank

.. First impressions are good, good feel, greatly improved brake performance and as of yet no squealing!

Only the one trip so far, so ill drive it a bit and let them bed in before i give it a full run down!

Few pics during fitting :-

Old disc/pad

Photo0138.jpg

New Pads

Photo0139.jpg

And fitting/fitted

Photo0141.jpg

Photo0142.jpg

Photo0143.jpg

Photo0144.jpg

Photo0145.jpg

Was dark when done so no on ground pics yet, will get some at next opportunity and update with more info once i have used them for a bit.

Sorry about the rubbish pic quality, the phone is naff in dull conditions.

Did Dixel give you a braking in procedure? Normally with performance breaks you need to do a series of high speed stops to get the pads mated to the discs. Should get them performing ;)

Look good btw :thumbs:

Aye thats exactly what he told me, but i was limited with what can be done safely, driving home during rush hour!

Did Dixel give you a braking in procedure? Normally with performance breaks you need to do a series of high speed stops to get the pads mated to the discs. Should get them performing ;)

Look good btw :thumbs:

Aye thats exactly what he told me, but i was limited with what can be done safely, driving home during rush hour!

Give it til 10pm tonight then go out and give them a good ragging. Come back when they're smoking :blush:

• 5 weeks later...

To save starting a new thread, my Dixcel set up is on now too. I have the same discs up front and rear discs with the same pattern. Same pads all round. I also have some HEL braided hoses and RBF600 fluid

Due to the snow I haven't bedded them in yet but will next week when I finish nights.

Initial impressions driving home from my mates garage..... F**K ME!

They stop! Initial bite was awesome, I barely pushed the pedal and I was shaving off speed! Not in a jerky way either, in a very progressive manor.

More reports as time goes on. I hope Adrian will be able to follow up too!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...