Get my baby back tomoro *** pics now up***

Bear1985

I return my car back to the audio shop for some upgrades.

I have toyed with the PC for long enough - using Centrafuse. But a car PC just isnt right for music playing. I never really got on with it. Time for a change.

http://www.creativecarsounds.co.uk/niss ... stall.html

(a reminder)

I am leaving the PC and all of the current audio equipment in the car but am adding a Pioneer AVIC-HD3-II

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/25 ... index.html

All of the audio will go through the car stereo with an auxillary input from the PC to the headunit. So there has been a substantial amount of rewiring and spraying etc.

Cant wait! I will post pics tomorrow. I am also thinking Focal K2 powers fitted to the rear shelf. What you think?

Hmmm....

Well the next step which I am sure will be taken before xmas would be to have custom made door builds. I can get the door builds done for approx £300 per door plus speakers

Possibly Merrells or even Apline F1 if I have the wonger. If not what would you suggest?

Probably go for something like 2x3way speakers in the door.

As for Centrafuse I just dont get on with the whole PC thing. I dunno what it is specifically - just I dont get on with it.

Not sure how they sealed the sub boxes. Fibreglass mouldings with lots n lots of sound deadening Foill. They have packed the sub boxes with sound wadding now also to stop any vibrations.

The sub boxes are not permanent and can be changed back to stock. Although he recommended that the cost involved that I am best off taking the subs and amp out and replacing them with cheapo gear. More cost effective.

I would look at Rainbow or JL ZR's for that cash. Alpine F1 speakers not the best in my experience. If you're going three way, spend some time on the mid and tweeter mounting. I'd go for the mid on the dash in the corner and the tweeter mounted up the A-pillar. Otherwise, stick to two way. :)

Well I got her back today and will post pics tomoro - promise! Looks unreal.

But the biggest thing is the difference in sound. Boy oh boy is the sound richness improved 30% from the PC.

BIG BIG Changes.

I had a word with him and he recommended Genesis Absolute or Focal Utopia (Less power more crispness) for the doors.

Thing is Im worried when all this will stop!

I have never really got on with Rainbow btw.

If you're going to spend £3k on front speakers, I don't understand why the car PC as the source? :blush: The weakest link will by far be the quality of the source signal.... Both also need a LOT of playing around with mounting locations to get right. For 3 years I have seen both played around with in different cars and the sound never quite got there. Also be aware, the Beryllium tweeter on the Utopias can get even more bright than their standard ones - it goes to 40Khz! (way beyond human hearing!)

Agreed mate, but each powered component will introduce more noise into a system, that was my point. :)

Both sets of speakers are awesome bits of kit, and are real audiophile stuff. I'd ditch the PC and pop in an Alpine F1. :)

With £3k on front speakers, they will pick up EVERY bit of detail in the signal. So if it's not clean, it'll get amplified and heard.

Well I have a Creative X-fi Platenium series for the sound card. So I'd say (without being an expert) that the card is more than capable.

However I am not using the PC for my primary source of Audio. The new Pioneer head unit takes any sound from the PC as an AV-in.

I would use the headunit primarily for the sound either via the Hard drive, Ipod, cd etc.

The PC has pretty much been made redundant but still a cool feature to have as I can use the Wifi on it to surf the net etc.

I was told that a reason to why I have seen gains from the headunit is that the voltage out is higher than a PC soundcard. I dont understand this myself just passing it on!

I would look at Rainbow or JL ZR's for that cash. Alpine F1 speakers not the best in my experience. If you're going three way, spend some time on the mid and tweeter mounting. I'd go for the mid on the dash in the corner and the tweeter mounted up the A-pillar. Otherwise, stick to two way. :)

Have to agree having heard a LOT of speaker setups, for the money JL ZR's are a great sounding speaker.

Personally im going for JL C5's in the front as i dont want to plough ZR money into the car audio, when i have other bits i want to buy aswell!

The cost is for

remodelling the enclosure in fibreglass.

Building a strong enough steel reinforcement cage to hold the sub

Sound deadening

Sound wading

The sub panel

Up holstered in matching trim

And finally to fit the sub into place.

£400 plus the sub. (each side)

So my 10W7 cost me £400 each. so about £1600 for the pair supply and fit.

I was told that a reason to why I have seen gains from the headunit is that the voltage out is higher than a PC soundcard. I dont understand this myself just passing it on!

That will be the RCA level output. A very valid point, but the DAC, sound files / recording etc. will also have a big impact.

Finish looks good. :)