fluid and pads?

hagar

can anyone recommend or tell me of a good replacement set of front pads? I know I can get red/green/yellow stuff but I want something I could go down to halfords (I know!) and buy over the counter so I can do the brakes tonight.

If Mintex etc do them, does anyone have the codes? Or ferodo etc?

also any recommendations for DOT 5? Halfrauds have some in at £9 per litre which is rather eye catching ;)

cheers

Not sure about Halfords, but I would go Ferrodo DS2500's. I run the DS3000's in the Cossie and they are awsome. These eat disks though so will be going the DS2500's next. Most of the Cossie boys use these and they are supposed to be superior to EBC.

As for fluid I use Motul DOT 4 stuff. Don't forget that DOT 5 does not absorb water. This means any water can cause vapour lock with temperature, i.e. on the track. I therefore use a high quality DOT 4 by looking for a very high boiling point.

I bought all my stuff from Demon Tweeks, (dear but you can get next day).

Cheers

Dorian,

Will check this out later when I have more time. First reaction though is DS3000's are very very aggressive. They are really for track cars. I was told you can eat a set of disks in 2 track days. I've done about 3 in mine and they are still OK though. I was told DS2500's were the best bet.

I tried DS2000's once, (I ordered DS2500's and got these without knowing). I destroyed them on the first track day. :thumbdown:

Cheers

K

Guest prescience

Ta Kev

Slow time is fine but input is needed to get it right; which it may not be as you note at present. Let me know or PM me and I can post your input up to replace or augment mine.

I can't remember TBH. I use Motul stuff from Demon Tweeks. It's a high quality and reasonably priced. I'd have to check on the bottle which is at home. 300 deg C rings a bell.

Why not check on the Demon Tweek website. Do a few comparison. The AP fluid is top notch stuff but costs a bomb. They have a website as well. I think it's www.apracing.co.uk