Number plate Q's (£30 fine+threatened 3 points)

M350ZB

That's what I've done in the past.

I decided this time to take off my mini plate and put on a cut down one.

The thing was bad cop wrote out the ticket and detailed a spacing defect which there wasn't! If I'd been fined I would have bent him over for that. Just glad good cop had some grounding and was decent.

Mini plate ?, to a cut down one ? ? ? ?

Yeah thats what i got on my ticket, illegally spaced no. plate :surrender:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got pulled 3 times with my old audi for having german style plates. All i got was a £30 fine each time an was told to fix it but they never took it any further. IT's an easy £30 quid for them i think.

Have to agree with you matey, so you got done 3 times, and 100%no action was taken, so when he told me 3 times and they take it off you

:headhurt::lol:

Stewy liking the forn ttype of plate, where did you get it done or did you do it yourself ?

An owner on another forum got a penalty notice for illegal numberplate spacing from a camera van - not speeding, just from the picture.

Be careful out there!

I got mine basically there was a police volvo estate on the hard shoulder (a1/M), and it had a computer system with two camera's on the rear hatch and it basically was scanning everyones plates. And i got done :lol:

Didnt no they could do that, thought normally just as such a speeding camera, cheers though bud :thumbs:

An owner on another forum got a penalty notice for illegal numberplate spacing from a camera van - not speeding, just from the picture.

Be careful out there!

I got mine basically there was a police volvo estate on the hard shoulder (a1/M), and it had a computer system with two camera's on the rear hatch and it basically was scanning everyones plates. And i got done :lol:

Didnt no they could do that, thought normally just as such a speeding camera, cheers though bud :thumbs:

Is that the ANPR system? Great system in theory. Just wonder how many car with no tax / insurance drove past when they pulled you over....... :dry:

Be careful out there!

Is that the ANPR system? Great system in theory. Just wonder how many car with no tax / insurance drove past when they pulled you over....... :dry:

Yep thats the one buddy, Exactly right get this while where sitting there it was beeping basically scanning cars, then it made a similar noise to say winning on a fruit maching, lol, and i said to him, whats that mean, and he said a car that either has no insurance, tax, m.o.t or a dodgy plate, and i was like, come on give us a break :rant:

Be careful out there!

You can get done for driving in bus lanes, mobile phone, seat belt etc all because someone is watching a CCTV camera. Blackboxes and GPS on the way with speeding tickets automatically sent out. . .It's not gonna be worth driving in this country soon!

Be careful out there!

You can get done for driving in bus lanes, mobile phone, seat belt etc all because someone is watching a CCTV camera. Blackboxes and GPS on the way with speeding tickets automatically sent out. . .It's not gonna be worth driving in this country soon!

Tell me about it !!!

Payed the fine and quess what an automated service, which can you believe it, took 15 minutes to complete, funny thing is last night out in my mates focus ST and his private plate, is good but omg so illegal, lol, old bill stopped us, and i said to him bet its ya plate, guess what, nope was his rear right light was out, lol, and the fuzz even comented on his plate, lol, just shows different police different area's, madness :scare:

I think the point behind clamping down on illegally spaced plates/show plates/illegal fonts etc is that the ANPR systems cannot read them.

Have to agree with you there as this was more or less the words of the police officer when i got pulled :headhurt:

I got done for mine loads of times on all of the cars its been on:

L1005844.jpg

Probably paid about £300 in fines in addition to the £250 the plate cost me. Still better than the £5000 one site wanted for a proper LIAM plate, so **** em :D

:lol: Love It, ever had any one threaten to take the plate away ? ? ?

No, never. They were usually too busy being nosy about what i do etc.......they always seemed desperate to unearth something about me e.g no insurance, or if I was disqualified, or if I was wanted etc. I'm sure they would purposely run me and my cars details through every known database in the universe to try to stick something on me so in the end all they could do was fine me. I just made sure I passed the 'attitude test' and let them get on with making themselves feel like they were doing a worthwhile job.........