Nismo tyre valve problem sorted!

RobD7

As many of you would know, when I went to Wales I had only fitted my new Nismo's a couple of days earlier, however the tyres kept deflating.

Well by driving on them I shredded 2 of them :dry: On challenging the garage over the problem, they found that the valves were not good. They were not faulty just poor design (according to them). They even demonstrated to me why. There demonstration of the problem looked pretty clear. They only held air if they were over tightened but by doing this it looked like only a matter of time before the washer would split. On the basis these valves are sold with the wheel, I'd be surprised if they were crap. However, I do remember a few others telling me about this problem hence why I'm sharing it with you.

Anyway, as the place I got my tyres fitted was through Nissan, I involved them as I was facing having to buy 2 new tyres which I wasn't thrilled about. Anyway, to cut a long story short, Barnard and Brough (Nissan) in Haywards Heath where I got the car from sorted me out with 2 new tyres free of charge :yahoo::yahoo: I think this was a spot on service especially as many Nissan dealers appear to be pretty crap at after sales.

I now have the new tyres on with new valves (not Nismo) and to date no air escaping! :teeth: