LED sidelights

M13KYF

Having read a few posts on here about them there seems to be mixed views. Some seem to not work regularly and shelf life isn't. I having new pads fitted next week so was considering putting in some led sidelights while the wheels were off.

Anyone recommend them and also a good place to get them. Its seems the cheaps ones are advisable to keep clear off.

Had LED's in the sidelights and no failure as yet... I have the ones that are super bright and have the white sleeve around them rather than the plain clear plastic... Saying that, one of my rears numberplate ones has recently been flashing like a strobe light! Time to change them me thinks!

I think there is a pic of my car somewhere that someone else posted showing the bulb types..

Had LED's in the sidelights and no failure as yet... I have the ones that are super bright and have the white sleeve around them rather than the plain clear plastic... Saying that, one of my rears numberplate ones has recently been flashing like a strobe light! Time to change them me thinks!

I think there is a pic of my car somewhere that someone else posted showing the bulb types..

where did you get them from

Got mine off ebay and i've had no problems, they have been in over a year, front sidelights and rear number plate

i didnt take the wheels off, just turned them inwards and unscrewed the front of the inner lining and pushed my hand in, its tight but do-able

the indicator bulbs are done from the top, lift the bonnet and you'll see

any probs with getting em through MOT's?

I had problems with my cheap eBay ones. The tester decided they were too blue, so Nissan put some normal ones in and put my old ones on the passenger seat. Nissan chap said they werent too blue to him, but hey ho thats life!

Think I will get some of the ones listed above and give them a go. My last ones lasted about 6 months before flickering.

Hmmmm on getting to the bulbs from the top.... Ended up having to strip the whole front end down after knocking the bulb into the light casing... Grrrr!!

Oh and no issues with MOT either !

did my indicator bulbs from the top and I've got cabbage hands(thats what the wife calls them)

thanks for the info on the LED bulbs :thumbs: ordered a pair :)