My alarm keeps going crazy!

Z Boy

This problem has progressively gotten worse since I've had the car.

It used to be the occasional 1 in 100 chance that the alarm would randomly go off for no reason, but now it's more like 9/10 it'll go off within the first 10 minutes of locking the car, and then no matter how much I unlock/relock it, it'll still keep going off now and then 'till I move the car, and even then it'll still go off 'till it's happy. For some reason it seems worse when the engine is warm and the car's just been driven, when it's been sat a while and it's cold it doesn't seem to do it as much. Could it be a problem with the alarm sensors and can Nissan adjust it? My car is annoyingly just out of warranty so I hope I don't have to shell out loads of money to get this fixed!!

Thanks.

I take it its the oem alarm?

Mine has an aftermarket alarm, and occasionally does this. I soon figured out that it was the interior motion sensors that are at the top of the A-Pillar. If i or a passenger had knocked them, and they were pointing more toward the windscreen, it would set it off repeatedly - in the same manner as you described. I dont know if they were picking up outside movements, or a temperature change or what, i just know pointing these to the center of the car fixed it.

Good luck!

It is yeah. Ebized just PM'd be with a genius idea. There's a sensor/switch thing under the bonnet linked to the alarm and maybe my carbon bonnet isn't pushing it down hard enough. I'm gonna layer some duct tape under the bonnet where it touches the switch and see if it does anything! :headhurt: