wheres my advert gone?

rallycross

Surely someone could just post blank posts to get their numbers up!?

or start two topics asking the same thing :dry:

Its great when you see people who have never bothered to be part of the community before just appear from nowhere and use our free nature to sell the car.

Post count ammended.

As I posted elsewhere, I reckon it should be at least 100 posts. There are now thousands of users on here, why let people just join and take advantage of that?

The main point of buying a car off a forum is that the car will have history or at least the user will be known, the same can't be said of new users selling cars, 15 posts or not...............

As I posted elsewhere, I reckon it should be at least 100 posts. There are now thousands of users on here, why let people just join and take advantage of that?

The main point of buying a car off a forum is that the car will have history or at least the user will be known, the same can't be said of new users selling cars, 15 posts or not...............

+1 :thumbs:

Just to explain the thinking behind this, a car advertised on the forum by a longstanding member can be searched on here. Many will have seen it and can give testimony to the standard of maintenance and condition of the vehicle.

This would give the seller a possible advantage in a very difficult market.

We would also be watching for someone spamming the forum to get the 15 posts so that will not work.

It used to be debatable that there were members on here looking so when it was an occasional one there was contact with the seller and it was allowed to stand.

With the current market we are getting several everyday and the adverts from members would be swamped.

I agree with the policy, the problem is that it hasn't been applied consistently in the past

For instance (and this is no reflection whatsoever on Mike)

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11937

there has been some debate about whether it was good for the forum and at the time it was considered to let these go by. This is now in discussion