Potential Swap to Rota's...

ClarCE

Hi all,

Spent this evening looking at various options on Rota's. I'm liking them a lot - especially after seeing a few on other members cars at the Wales meet!

A couple of questions, as everywhere I look I seem to find differing info...

On a GM, do you think black / normal? / or GM would be best?

Pretty sure I'm going to go for 18's unless you convince me otherwise, and I want to go for the same concave look on each corner, so 9.5's all round looks to be what I want.

What offset should I be looking for, it looks as if +20 is going to stick out more than +25/30 which makes no sense in my head, but I'll go with it! Basically I want them to be at least as flush as my rays are with the spacers I added last week :blush:

Tyre wise, by my calculations I could go 255/45/18 on the back and 235/45/18 on the fronts..

What do you think I could get for a set of reasonable Rays with new Falkens and a set of the ebach spacers if I sell on? This will help me justify to the other half / war office...

Sorry for so many, I just need some pointing in the right direction. :thumbs:

Did you check out the deal Envy have on the 18" 5Zigens? And they are in stock...

More unusual than Rota's... :)

Yeah, they're nice looking, but for me it has to be 5 spokes I think - I could live with 6 just as thats what it came with ;)

If your gonna go with 9.5j all round, hence the same width, why would you get wider tyres on the rear?

Thats why I need the help, I've read others doing it like that on here and over there...

So I can get the same all round and not mess up the handling - not that I'd notice with the way I drive :teeth: ?

If your gonna go with 9.5j all round, hence the same width, why would you get wider tyres on the rear?

Thats why I need the help, I've read others doing it like that on here and over there...

So I can get the same all round and not mess up the handling - not that I'd notice with the way I drive :teeth: ?

The best way to not mess up the handling would be to keep the stagger the same as was intended from the factory.

And for the record, Rota's are available in 19" now ;)

*cough*

OK, I think I wrongly assumed that the rays were the same size wheel, but just had different tyres on

RAYS are 8j front and 8.5j rear :)

*cough*

OK, I think I wrongly assumed that the rays were the same size wheel, but just had different tyres on

RAYS are 8j front and 8.5j rear :)

Standard non-Rays were 8j all round but ran the same tyres as the Rays. If you run a stagger you stand less chance of messing up the TCS if you have it. I see no reason why 245 or 255 fronts and 275 rears wouldn't work with a 9.5j all round.

Cheers for the responses, anyone know what offset I should be going for - although I have a feeling the 9.5's are only available in +30..

I want to ditch the need for spacers if possible..

+30 on the Rotas with 9.5 allround works very well, we have supplied lots with this setup.

Cheers for the responses, anyone know what offset I should be going for - although I have a feeling the 9.5's are only available in +30..

+30 on the Rotas with 9.5 allround works very well, we have supplied lots with this setup.

Hi Phil, do you supply tireless or with tyres or both - could you PM me a price on a set of four, GM or Standard Alu in colour?

My other question would be are the available in 19" and does the price skyrocket?

Many thanks,

Chris.

Hi Phil, do you supply tireless or with tyres or both - could you PM me a price on a set of four, GM or Standard Alu in colour?

My other question would be are the available in 19" and does the price skyrocket?

Many thanks,

Chris.

PM sent