Turning Left Scares Me!!!

althediv

Gents,

I joined the site recently, after finding the site and deciding you guys might be more up front than the people at my local Nissan garage.

About a year ago I noticed that when I turned left there's a noise coming from (what sounds and feels like) the front right tyre. Since joining I have searched the forums and tyre roar is mentioned on loads of posts, not when others are only turning left.

The noise gets louder with speed. Tyre wear is normal and there doesn't feel like any shake from the wheel, but it is very scary when you're doing 70 and there's a bend coming up!!!

Trying to forget the problem exists is not working, so any enlightenment would be very much appreciated.

If there's another post that I haven't seen that covers this I apologise for wasting your time.

Many thanks in advance.

do you have Bridgestones on. If they are and they are the old style ones (can't remember the tyre cocde) you should be able to feel the pattern has a uneven wear (blocky) as you run your hand around the diameter. You won't feel any shake but it does sound like a bearing is failing.

If it's not that then it will most likely be a wheel bearing. A couplke have posted issues with the left hand side before

:welcome:

I think it's the RHS too.

The car is the same as it was the day it came out of the showroom,,, apart from the dirty paintwork and worn leather seat (that pisses me off big time!!!).

I own a 1997 Merc and the leather is in pristine condition. I've never treated it and it's still perfect. Why can't Nissan get a leather that doesn't delaminate after 10,000 miles? (It's not a serious question, I'm just ranting!)

I'd have your wheel alignment checked properly before buying anything. As something might be waaaay out of whack. Make sure you get both primary and secondary angles measured against the OEM spec (things like steering axis inclination, included angle, scrub radius, thrust angle, etc over just the usual toe, camber, caster, etc).

People seem to recommend places that use Hunter alignment systems, you can find your nearest on http://www.alignmycar.co.uk/.