Would 32mm Disks fit Standard Brembo Calipers?

ColinS

Yea sorry guys, I am talking about the width of the disk and the front. 32mm diameter would be awfully small lol I know the standard with is 30mm just wonder if the caliper could handle an extra 2mm.

That was typo buddy, thanks. Now I don't look like one of the fools who call it greedy.

Yea sorry guys, I am talking about the width of the disk and the front. 32mm diameter would be awfully small lol I know the standard with is 30mm just wonder if the caliper could handle an extra 2mm.

That was typo buddy, thanks. Now I don't look like one of the fools who call it greedy.

would be tight, which discs are you thinking of using.

Tight but ok? I'm looking to up the diameter and move to a 2 piece but can't on 30mm disks.

Tight but ok? I'm looking to up the diameter and move to a 2 piece but can't on 30mm disks.

how are you planning to accomodate the caliper with a larger diameter disc.

Am I missing something, if its the same caliper, just moved further out to accomodate the larger disk, wont the contact area between the disc and pad still remain the same?

Will moving that contact area further away from the centre point of the wheel (and taking advantage of the lower torque at that point) really make that much of a difference?

I may well be talking complete nonsense and will be prepared to be educated on this point :blush:

Am I missing something, if its the same caliper, just moved further out to accomodate the larger disk, wont the contact area between the disc and pad still remain the same?

Will moving that contact area further away from the centre point of the wheel (and taking advantage of the lower torque at that point) really make that much of a difference?

I may well be talking complete nonsense and will be prepared to be educated on this point :blush:

Part of the reason I have asked the questions to determine what the hoped gain will be.

It's for looks mainly but moving to larger disks I think should reduce the pressure from pads for the same braking which increases pedal feel and reduces heat. I know my stopping distance won't change (planning on doing the rear too) I'll hardly notice any difference so as said mainly looks.

Oh and yea by 'spacer' I mean bracket to move the caliper out.